Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Taramps hd15000 14.4 version

10K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  Bigp88 
#1 · (Edited)
Been running my current setup for year now and decided that I needed more power. Been talking to shizzzon for a bit about the new 14.4 line of taramps made for use in the usa. So I picked up a pair of 15ks. Along with a bunch of other stuff from shizzons ebay auctions.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkCTmlMdpk

Swapped out the 2 ct7ks wired to 0.5 ohm each to a single hd15k for now and pulled 154.3 sealed on the dash. Taramps amp seems to be alot better on electical i would drop into 12s at idle and now 13s no problem.

Did a some quick and dirty testing with the meters on it as well. This was on a 38 hz test tone as well
www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_wqMCFV9r4

130.8 volts ac
37.8 amps ac
4944.24 VA @ 3.46 ohm

Amp is supposed to be able to handle 0.5 ohm burps below 14.4 volts so we will see how that does coming up soon

#3 ·
I did actually. Totally expected to loose the lows and didn't ie 30hz and below. Does seems to be tighter could just be because of happier voltage

#4 ·
Good to hear ! I picked up one too. Unfortunatly it was a DOA and shipped it back and new one will be here tue :) cant wait to have it all together again ! I also bought from Shizzzon, Good guy to deal with !!

#5 ·
Yeah that's the one thing I'll never understand about brazillians is the lack of qc. Guess I better check my other 15k make sure it not doa

#6 ·
Ya it came on ok for about a min and smoked :( swapped back in my old amp and waiting till tue for the new one.

#7 ·
I wouldnt worry about yours, Shizzzon said mine was the first DOA 15k and trust me if theres a bad one I will get it every time!!

#8 ·
$hit ty deal lol. Can't wait to with both up and see what they do. Could be new leaf for taramps

#9 ·

#11 ·
Get some more power out of these bad boys, hehe. These amps have been tested to do well over 10,000w and specs claim it should be able to do up to 13,500w on the right electrical for burps.

While we have been selling the Bass 12ks to our dealers lately, one thing i noticed about them i didnt notice before.

The Bass 12k is heavier than the hd15000 by about 1lb. It must be the heatsink.

They told us the only difference between the hd15000 and bass 12k were these-

dual 3/0 inputs vs single
Heavy upgraded preamp stage
Output filtering
3000w (lol)
bass only vs near full range
no led monitor

But besides the weight, in testing, the bass12k has survived 0.187ohm testing (reactance unknown) for 2 songs worth of play.

I've been asked are they more durable. We do not know but right now, the export trade has the bass 12k costing a lot more than the hd15000s right now.

I do have some good news for you all owners of these new big amps.

Our prototype inputs\outputs are in transit right now. If they fit perfectly, we will have a ton of them made for the following-
HD8000 eX - Triple 4/0 inputs
HD10000 14.4v- Triple 4/0 inputs
Bass 12k- Hexa 4/0 Inputs (6) and Quad 8awg outputs (stock accept single 4awg welding)
HD15000- Triple 4/0 Inputs and Quad 8awg outputs (havent tested stock output yet)

#12 ·
Any eta on inputs for 15000hd ? I will check mine for fitment when new amp gets here . Any idea on cost ?

Sent from my iPhone 22 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Will do ! Looks like it didn't quite make it here today it's in the next town over so means it won't get here till Tue

#16 ·
Well so far USPS is faster ! Go figure ! I sent mine back to you thursday afternoon and it got there this morning ? Fed ex took 5 or 6 days to get it here ? I dont know whatthey charged but time wise Usps is much faster.

#17 ·
I have a idea that my inputs are too small on the stud size because the hd 1500 has what 3/0 size input ? Well i took the triples and stuck them right into my little ppi 1000.1 amp to use while I wait and they fit right in ? Probably 1/0 inputs. Any idea when I can get a set from you ?

#19 ·
got bolth in playing wired to 0.5 ohm each nominal. played for 5 min with no problem couple burps and some music

#20 ·
Nice ! What kind of inputs are you using ?

#21 ·
on the power side nothing cause the duals i had knu knocepts were too short. the outputs i got set of tool maker and they barley fit the outputs

#24 ·
:)

#23 ·
Running into same problem ! I got my replacement amp today and can't put it in :( if Only I had some 2/0 3/0 cable !

#26 ·
With my 2 ct sounds 7k 0.5 ohm each did: 155.7 on the pocket meter
1 Taramps 15k @ 1 ohm did: 154.3 on pocket

2 Taramps 15k @ 0.5 ohm each did: 156.7 on pocket

^^^^^^^^^
This is just gained matched at low voltume no clamping etc just threw them in gained matched and turned them up

#27 ·
Did some clamping the other day:

1 HD15k Wired 1 ohm nominal= 131.1 acV x 37.8 avA = 4955.58 VA
Holding 13.8 volts
Z=3.46 ohm

2 HD15K Wired to 0.5 ohm nominal = 106.7 acV x 67 avA = 7148 VA
Dropping to 12.1 volts
Z=1.59 ohm

#30 ·
Would like to get numbers up from 103 Vac to 130 Vac wired at 0.5 ohm.

I'm running quads already with 6 group 31s. Thinking lithium

#31 ·
I'd get each thing checked that's crazy low voltage for that electrical. I'm running dual 270a alts and 10 60 ah batteries with two taramps 8k's and two 150x4 amps for front stage. I have been good up until recent when one of the alts died ( tenney 270a weighs a couple pounds less than the dc 270a)

#34 ·
Beat on them all day!!! Never shut down no smoking nothing. Super impressed. Played them into mild clipping couple times no smoke. Super impressed with these at 0.5 ohm daily!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.