Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Home made aeros

727 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  spencerearl1996 
#1 ·
Does anyone make their own aeros? I saw beatnbronco has some that look like they may just be flared out pvc, its very well done if it is home made, but it might not be that hard to do. Any ideas or comments?

#3 · (Edited)

I just double baffled the box then took some thin walled pvc pipe routed out a 1/4" lip for it to mount to and used some plumbers goop to hold it in place. Then I cut out the 4" holes on the baffle and rounded the edges of the holes with a 1" roundover (3/4 will work fine) and thats how you make your own flares out of mdf. Pretty simple really and way cheaper than going with the PSP ports.

#4 ·
I take just regular PVC and use a heat gun and roll the PVC in front of the heat gun until it is evenly heated and easy to bend and use a bowl I found that works perfect for flareing up to 8" aero's and I set the PVC on top of bowl and push till I get the desired flare and let it cool till it hardened or poor water on it.. It takes a while to get it perfect and you might burn a few pieces of PVC in the process but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy:) pm me if you want pics of the previous aero's I've done and any more info:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Just saying the mdf flares are sexier and they are more precise with the flare. :nod:

#6 ·
What ever you think is best I just like haveing the ability to change out my aero's and have flares on both ends of the aero port idk if your routered ones have that but For test in tune I think my way is easier that's just me tho

#7 ·
Its not hard just cut around the mdf board to cut out the flares and then attach them to the other end of the port. And changing out mdf flares would be just as easy as modeling the flares from the pvc itself.

#8 ·
Yes I see I'll try your way on the next build I do with 10" PVC because my method doesn't do well on thick 10" PVC I can't find a bowl big enough lol. And your way would also make it easier to get the exact length of the aero you want inside the flares:)

#9 ·
Exactly :nod: I was right and you were wrong :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.