Car Audio Classifieds! banner

port question

429 views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  kush killer 
#1 ·
ok i have a 01 gmc sierra ext cab.. doing 4 sa8's under rear seat.. now my box is 56 wide which leaves me approx 3-4" on each side of the box, right now its ported with 2 4" areos . 1 out each side of the box. now my questions is.. would it be better to run ports in location so box would be subs front ports side.. or move the ports to the front, use a 90 elbow , to achive a longr port length.. enclousre is ruffly 2.2 cubes after displacments right now i have full length psp flared aeros, belive that to be about a 36-38hz tune.. id like to get it a tad lower if possible and gain as much output at spossible

reason being i ask about moving ports also is that the hump in my box for hump in floor is also about 2-3" s away from the port opening.. was think its possibly being choked

#2 ·
well since the ports are basically facing each other that may cause issues as well. try to plug one port and see what it does. a single 4" port wont be ideal IMO, but its not bad. it'll lower tuning a ton too so you can tell if you like it more. do you have room to put both aeros on one side? or maybe use a 6" port on one side instead of the two 4's?

#3 ·
well i wondered about that too.. the designer said is should have any porblems but.... i also thought baout possibly do a sqaure or rectangle "T" shaped port out the front? onylt hing is i dont think i d have enuff room to achiave port area

#5 ·
those under seat boxes are a pain at times. try this, inside the box, try to glue a little divider against the back wall. that way you cant see clear the the ports ya no? it may help each port work better seeing as there is something solid behind it to direct air; not just another open tube. its worth a shit ya no?

#8 ·
its an idea. or maybe, if you wouldnt lose too much displacement, just split the box into two different chambers. like the 2 subs on the left and the left aero, and the 2 subs on the right and the right aero. you'll lose alittle displacement, but it may fair better. just re-run the numbers and see what ya get

#12 ·
i dont know how to run the #'s on this box with since the front is tall than the rear and has the hump in the floor.. im curious to see where its be at with the divider wall added.. altho sincei am gonna over power them a lil a smaler box wouldnt hurt me... so i may jsut do it.... altho it would be nice to know where im at enclosure spec wise after change

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.