Car Audio Classifieds! banner

4th order for 6 SA 8s

679 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  KTMrida4life 
#1 ·
Ive read on here from several people that .25 sealed each + .5 ported each works great. Tuning for these in a 4th order, most agreed that 50hz is best.

I should be able to get the .25 sealed each + .5 ported each, but I have a few questions... some I am a little confused on.

Is it okay if the sealed section of the box for all 6 woofers is a shared area? ie Not divided for each sub. Something like 1.5ft^3 total.

How do I mount the subs in such a tiny little airspace? Do I mount them so that they are firing into the sealed section, with the motors in the ported section?

My last question.. port area. How much for 6, and how long of a port would I be looking at? Im going to use the 50hz tuning others have suggested. I can only fit about 6.5" or so of the port outside the box, so is it okay if some of the port is internal, and some of it external?

#2 ·

Thats what I have so far.

I have no idea what Im doing with Google Sketchup, so any insight is appreciated. I couldnt figure out how to make the same hole through both sides of 3/4", so I just made it 1.5" thick for the double baffle. Is that necessary/needed? Figured it would help with strength.

The subs would be aiming towards the rear of the box (the long flat side) and screwed in from that side as well, with the motors in the ported bigger section of the box. Is this OK?

#4 ·

Thats what I have so far.

I have no idea what Im doing with Google Sketchup, so any insight is appreciated. I couldnt figure out how to make the same hole through both sides of 3/4", so I just made it 1.5" thick for the double baffle. Is that necessary/needed? Figured it would help with strength.

The subs would be aiming towards the rear of the box (the long flat side) and screwed in from that side as well, with the motors in the ported bigger section of the box. Is this OK?
That is actually prefered when doing 4ths. I Would have someone design one.

#5 ·
Any recommendations?

Ive used RAM designs before, but he can be very difficult at times to get ahold of, and hes not real cheap either.

Im trying to get in contact with Buck, from the CA.com forums. He charges 10$ for a 4th order design.

#6 ·
Send surreal a pm

#7 ·
KTMrida4life, I don't think you going to have enough room for 6 sa-8s. The 4th order I was designing for you before for 4 sa-8s was pushing the limits of the space you had. You may be able to fit 6 8s in there but I don't think you will have the air space that you will need.

#9 ·
The box is a bit bigger now.

Have you tried? .25 per sealed + .5 per ported. Its close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.