Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Pair of sundown 8's in a 6th order.

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  perfect_prefect 
#1 ·
Here's my most recent project i finished up a couple days ago.

a pair of E-8's on an MB quart 1000.1 it's just a little temp system right now but i gotta say, i'm in love with this box.

anyways, picture time!

Here's the design i came up with and made a couple small mods to it.

this is what i got done the first night. i was just dry fitting the inside pieces.

putting the port together

inside pieces in. mounted the subs only to take them out later.

getting ready to wire it up
Wall Photos | Facebook

and finally in the car and wired up.

plus a little video.
two sundown 8s in a 6th order. - YouTube

See less See more
#3 ·
I encourage you to do it, man. this thing sounds amazing. i'd argue to say that this one was close to as loud as my 2 JL 12's on about the same power. MUCH more range too. I'm discovering parts of my music that I didn't know existed before. My Ear-O-Meter says i'm hitting about a 133-134

#12 ·
60 should be good, but the port being inside the enclosure could cause you to lose a little bit, if you decide you want to try to improve it i would start by adding that length to the outside portion of the port instead of having it inside.

btw that thing looks absolutely massive for a pair of 8's

#21 ·
Let's hope so. On a job hunt right now, so if i get one and have to work that weekend i won't. but if i'm free, then i definitely will.

Good for you. are you going to try tens next, if you have the space?
I'm debating it. I don't think i'll have room for 12's, but if i could fit it, That's what i'd be doing for sure. pair of 12's on 3.5-5k.

I can't find tens to take that power comfortably.

i dunno. next system I get will be my permanent system

#23 ·
i have a pair of sundown z1 motors with 10" ti baskets on them, they will be for sale soon, even sooner if i had an interested buyer, sundown nightshade v1 coils, z v3 spiders and nightshade v2 10" cones. they could take that power, especially if you control the cone in a series tuned 6th order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.