Car Audio Classifieds! banner

TRF Reconing

537 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Alek17 
#1 ·
So i have a 15" TRF Black top that i blew a while back and i am finally going to recone it and bring it back to life. I really want to rebuild it into a 12" as i really dont have the room for a 15" in an extended cab silverado and still have room for people in the back. I am going to be running just over 3k threw it for daily.

My question is if i rebuild it into a 12" will it take the 3k+ abuse all day long? And what are some 12" baskets that will bolt right up to the motor? And one last one, who should i use to purchase a really good recone kit that i can just drop right in without having to send them the basket(which ever one i get) and motor as shipping is not cheap on this beast.

Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
I would also go psi. David does great work. Just got my custom 4hp recones and they are awesome

#4 ·
ask psychoacoustics. if u can use power hx2 12 baskets let me know i have two laying around. on the other hand your local. your shit out of luck sell it to me lol jk

#6 ·
Sell the motor to Psycho and buy a whole sub.....

#7 ·
do the stock trf's use a 4" 4 layer coil?i cant remember

#11 ·
Thats kind of where my question was going... but then again, the top plate could always be opened up a little.

Idk how the black top motor is, hell maybe it comes stock with 4 layer but can fit a 8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.