Car Audio Classifieds! banner

5 hrs, 1-18"DD, 1-SAZ3500 = 2nd place

466 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  kmanian1 
#1 ·
So last minute I decided to compete in a show today. I said forget the mids and highs, and go straight getto, nuttin but bababababass.

so I took my 1999 F150 and dropped a DD95z18 into a box put 3 16v batteries in the tool box, installed a SAZ3500, threw about 30 feet of 0ga in and drove over. I finished hooking up rca's and speaker wires at the show. the batts sat at 17.4 when I installed them, then I did some testing to see where I was peaking... so probably 20-30 good burps, then did 3 runs in the lane. The batts were not hooked to my alt or charged again, and never fell below 16.4v! I came out with a 147.8 and could have squeezed a little more but the cone shit the bed, split from the dust cap to the basket. I place 2nd behind a little Suzuki Side Kick with 4 15" L7 and 10kw (he did 151.2).

All in all, for 5 hours and no real testing, I was pretty pleased:D

#2 ·
Oh, and the SAZ was playing with a starting load of exactly 0.5 ohm, and is just straight nasty power for an amp with its rating. I kept checking the voltage and putting my hand on the amp, and it never even got warm to the touch. LOVE the Sundown!

#8 ·
you could have gotten first place if you had used a funky pup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.