Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Dc xl vs dd 9500

3K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  jt_buck 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm thinking of buying 2 new subs but can't deside how does the dc xl and the dd 9500 stack against each other?????????? :confused:

#2 ·
i have had both. i like the dc xl's better. you have a tough choice because both are excellent subs.

#3 ·
Current or older models? XL m2? 95i?

#4 ·
Id probably pick the dc xl between those two. You should look into the new sundown zv4! It looks yummy. lol :)

#11 ·
Both are quality, for me it would come down to price. Also, some people hate on the sound of DD's, but I personally like the way they sound. In my experience, DC had awesome customer support, I had a little issue trying to order recones from DD.

#13 ·
what kinda power you running? maybe look into the Zv3. i loved mine and did a 150.1db with a single 12" in a daily music box tuned to 35hz.

#20 ·
I'd say if you have a DD now, it's a no-brainer. As in, you have a good idea how it will sound etc.

Tough decision though, I agree. What power are you running?
And as above, have you looked at Sundown?
SMD's? SP4's? PSI's? DP's?
BTL's don't get the same love they used to, I'd love a pair of N3's but they are just too damn expensive over here :(

#22 ·
Well I guess I list voy bigger a lot of choices out there..... Tantric hdd, dd9500, sundown z3 z4 or the x, dc xl, but I can't make my mind up....I'm gone have to learn the hard way I guess!!!! Ill be looking for a pair of 15s or 18s around 650 or 700 shipped... Is that enough or should I save a little more???????

#23 ·
Should be plenty. Been hearing good things about Tantric. Even a thread for them worth checking out and pics of some members' subs in there.

#33 · (Edited)
Ha Ha. Does anyone actually listen to your shit Korey. I've had PSI softparts in my 9500 Hsc for 18 months now. Not a problem. I went through 5 recones from DD in 10 months. Talk your shit somewhere else boy. You don't have shit, can't afford shit, and just talk your shit on the internet. I really liked the B2 amps you put up for sale too. LOL. Did B2 every put out a lower model. At least I know what the shittiest amps B2 every put out are, I just need to check your for sale thread. I'll stick with my Zero.5. Maybe when you get a job you little punk you can afford one.

This is what I'm saying If I was the op. I would spend my money on Tantric.

#34 ·
I'm going to try some tantric parts in my 9500's soon. Unfortunately the dd's are still the loudest sub I've messed with out of the 10+ I've tried.

I haven't had to order DD parts since last year, but I've heard some horror stories. I'm hoping I don't have the same luck.

#36 ·
My 95's have been great since I switched to PSI softparts. Did a 152.3 out of the trunk at 36hz the other day, and a 166.9 in the port. Then I demo'd for an hour at 150 plus. The motors are great. I just had no luck at all with the DD soft parts. The motors are strong as hell. The DC XL was a little louder with there little short coil though. Maybe that was the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.