Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Has anyone used this before?

506 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  korey_hofer 
#1 ·

It is Stinger Centerpin. Of course it's a battery terminal but can't seem to find any....??!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Care to post some pics and an explanation of how it works?

Looks like it has threads and the grey/black inserts has 4 set screws with points to dig into the wire?

#4 ·
Well partial right. This is somewhat old technology which saves time on cutting the wire. Just inserts into the hole with that spike and a locking nut. Was going thru my past issues of AS&S and saw an advertisement of that...wanted to see if they worked at all. And to see if anybody used them.

#5 ·
You insert the non-stripped wire into the hole onto the spike at the bottom. Screw in the ring around the wire and it creates tension on the nylon inserts to hold it in place. It's a VERY strong connection; I can't even come close to pulling it out. There are holes on the outside of the screw-in rings so you can torque them down with "something", I bought this used so I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a special tool or what. Hand tight is plenty, or you can use some pliers.

Accommodates (2) 8AWG, (1) 4AWG, and (1) 0/1AWG (Also includes a 4AWG to 0/1AWG adapter which you can see in this pictures)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.