Car Audio Classifieds! banner

slow monte carlo build

422 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fosgatefeind 
#1 ·
Hi everyone i have a 2001 monte carlo ss i want to put my subs in. i have 2 of the newer poweracoustik mofos with a 2.5" voice coil. ive built a few different ported boxs but was thinking of doing a 4th or 6th order. pretty much the best enclosure i can fit in there. i just picked up 2 sheets of mdf today and i plan on starting tomarrow. any ideas would be awesome thanks

#3 ·
Sounds pretty close to what I'm thinking about doing as well, in the same vehicle, with 2 SSA XCon 12's :) That's going to require a whole lot of room though, and I'm not sure I can give up that kind of space.

I'm looking at a 6th order, 5 cu/f @ 28 hz + 2 cu/f @ 48 hz. Every 4th order I model in winisd looks way too peaky. Although, that's modeling the xcons, not the mofos, so your mileage may vary.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing a build log!

#6 ·
Check out my build log guys
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/build-logs/139328-2007-monte-carlo-ls-build.html
I'm telling you from my personal experience if your doing a 4th/6th order the box will have to be built in the trunk. That being said its a pain in the ass. Can it be done yea I'm sure it can but if you plan on doing a high powered system such as mine. Your going to need room for batteries and amps. Is it worth it to do power acoustics in a 4yh/6th order no I don think so. But you may see differently. If wanting to do any kind of band pass do a 4th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.