Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Mazda MPV BOOM! BOOM! Build aka: Minivan Pimpin

2K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  PHATBOi 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got all equipment ordered and the box is built.
Equipment List:
Source: Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Mids/Highs: 2 Lanzar OPTI8MI 8" pro audio mids/ 2 Crescendo FT1 super tweets
Mids/Highs Amps: MTX Thunder 1004 (w/ 1/0 inputs) bridged 2 x 4 ohms (380 x 2)/ Denon DCA-500 (50 x 2)
Custom lime green fiberglass door pods by Backyard Customs
Subs: 2 Sundown Audio Zv.4 12 D2
Sub Amp: Ampere Audio AA-3800.1D w/ Dual Inputs @ .5 daily
Electrical: Stock 100 amp alt, Big 3 in 1/0 CCA, 2/0 welding cable front to back (and for amp power & ground), 1 75ah C&D under the hood, 1 32ah MK under the backseat, 2 102ah C&D's in the back
Misc: DIYMA Dope Series 22 AWG OFC RCA's (3x 17ft), 100ft Cadence 14 gauge OFC speaker wire
Box Design:

Box Build:
1 sheet 7 ply birch (ended up having to go back for another)

All cut

First pieces glued and screwed

Starting to look like something

Where I left off last night

It fits

Not as much room for batts as I thought, gonna have to stack them

New drill and pilot bit/countersink/screw tip swappable bit

Went a little deep (that's what she said) on my first one, but eventually got the hang of it

See less See more
#5 ·
I have that same countersink bit, just got it today, since I broke my last countersink. HF countersink lasted a few years but he finally bit the dust.
Looks nice keep it going!

#10 ·
I have that same countersink bit, just got it today, since I broke my last countersink. HF countersink lasted a few years but he finally bit the dust.
Looks nice keep it going!
Glad it came with two setups. Broke the first one right at the end of the build. Missed a port wall screw and was trying to redrill it on an angle and snapped the drill bit off.

#8 ·
So, just realized all this time I could of had group 31 batts behind any of my boxes. Never thought they'd fit. Damn...

That's both batts in there behind the box, where my sub amp usually goes. Going to make an amp rack on the passenger side of the box where that piece of wood is in the top pic.

#11 ·
Just got tracking on my 2 Zv.4's from the yard sale. Scheduled for delivery on Wednesday!! Whoot!

I got a set of the newly added b-stock ones. Thank you Jacob for the awesome deal.

Andrew at Ampere says my 3800.1 just shipped out as well.

#13 ·
Locked up my passenger side Lanzar Opti today. Got a little ballsy with the MTX. Sounded great till it died. Cut it open and the coil was black as night. I think the small Denon 4 channel I had bridged on them before the MTX must have been clipping. I just can't see the coil getting that black in the two days I've had the MTX on them.

Ordered another one for now. Will most likely need to replace the driver's side soon as well.

#14 ·
Locked up my passenger side Lanzar Opti today. Got a little ballsy with the MTX. Sounded great till it died. Cut it open and the coil was black as night. I think the small Denon 4 channel I had bridged on them before the MTX must have been clipping. I just can't see the coil getting that black in the two days I've had the MTX on them.

Ordered another one for now. Will most likely need to replace the driver's side soon as well.

That's advanced level black.

Wo.

Reactions: PHATBOi
#21 ·
donaldddddd i didnt know your build log is on here. those battery terminals need to go. like now. jiovani sold me his d3100 and i gave him my 88 Ah CND, similar or the same you have in your van, and he bought those terminals from advanced auto parts. the amount of resistance from the actual terminal to where we had the wire mounted. he couldnt start the car. if your gonna keep em, wire brush all that paint off. its horrendous. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.