Car Audio Classifieds! banner

which 18?

1K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  donpisto 
#1 ·
I am planning on doing a build in a few months an was wanting to do 2 low power 18s. They would be getting about 750rms each. Im looking for SQ.

Any suggestions on a sub that would fit this well would be appreciated.

Also, this will be in a 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with 1497rms total.

#3 ·
Please, elaborate.

And to the OP, there are a ton of options out there. You will have more luck with smaller subs, mainly due to the fact that not many companies make an 18" woofer for "SQ". You could look into a 21" Maelstrom, or something along those lines. Otherwise, look at Image Dynamics, CDT, Ultra Subs, etc

#4 ·
New Fi Qs?

#8 ·
listen. I am doing 18s, period. I currently have 12s and yes they sound great, but i love the lows.

And to whoever thinks 18s sound sloppy needs to build a good box for SQ use. I can make a 10 sound just as sloppy as an 18. Throw it in a 12cu box and i guarantee its sloppy.

And im going to get a box design from pete kulicki for a strictly SQ setup that goes low. I know how its going to sound essentially. I dont want input on size of subs, just which ones. I was thinking the 18 ssd. idk if my budget will allow the q's

#24 ·
I'm not bashing them. I'm telling him not to deal with them, mainly because his subs aren't meant to be sq subs, nor are MJ18's. I also don't want the OP to get involved with RD any more than he is already. If he's looking for SQ, RD is a long way from where he wants to be

#27 ·
1. none of the subs you listed are even close to a true sq sub
2. it doesn't sound like you even want a true sq system, other wise you would not want an 18"
3. RD subs are good just the customer service sucks
stereo integrity mag
morel supremo
focal kevlar
subs like that are sq subs, sq you want everything to be blended perfectly and not have subs that over power the frontstage, which an 18" will in just about any car

and same motor the 18" will be slower and sloppier than the 12" just because of weight, will you be able to hear it? probably not

#29 ·
Ultra Subs, Image Dynamics, CDT, JL (yes, I said JL), SI, etc etc. You're going to have to pay for SQ though. True SQ subs are not slapped together parts out of SJA buildhouses. They're not something that is going to be a dime a dozen, like most of these "SQL" subs are. I'm not sure what you want 18's for, but FI is probably going to be the only thing remotely SQ oriented in that price range

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.