Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Could you make a box for 12s that could be easily replaced for 18s later?

695 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BassikInstincts 
#1 ·
like a baffle switch? Would it sound terrible?

#3 ·
they don't NEED that big of a box.

I've done 18s before in 4.5/5 cubes and they work fine and meter louder then most of these installs you see with 18s in gigantic enclosures.

I'd rather have a small enclosure with less impedence rise and tune it lower instead of a stupidly big enclosure with impedence rise through the roof...that requires a gigantor port.

but to answer the question....12s will sound like a wet ***** fart in 4-5 cubes each...so you CAN build it...but it would sound horrible.

You can build a box for like 30 bucks man...don't be cheap!

#9 ·
I thought the smaller the box, the higher the rise, which is why you can run more power with a smaller box. I could be wrong...

#10 ·
Technically you could do it, just fill the box with extra pieces of wood till it's time to throw the 18's in.

#11 ·
Well, I ordered 2 Sundown SAZ-3000s and am running 2 12's from one of them(my sig). Then I wanna run 2 18"s, custom sundown or Fi BTL, off both of them. I guess I could either fill the box or wood til the 18"s, or just build 2 boxes. Problem is I don't have any time! I guess I could have SPY build somethin for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.