Car Audio Classifieds! banner

140's

3K views 57 replies 12 participants last post by  upzaw2000 
#1 ·
ok so i have a few ???

lets start with what i wanna do as far as my system. I'm thinkin either 2 15's 1 18 or maybe even 2 18's:dontknow: (yes my electrical will up to par)

i wanna do somewhere in the 140's as i have sat in a car doin 149.9 and it was plenty loud for my everyday needs

i would like to do hairtricks. i dont know if thats possible in 140's but i would like to achieve that.

i want something compariable to the deal i was gonna get on my 15 l7's ($300 for 08's shipped)but im open to suggestions that is why i started this thread :thumbsup:

so shoot me some suggestions but please dont try to pitch me a sale on something you are selling i understand you wanna sell it but please dont do that here thank you

#7 ·
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: the less the better but i wanna get stuff that is gonna hold up well i was dead set on them l7's and dude sold them like a hour before i messaged him

#3 ·
I had 2 15" FI BTLs in my 4runner off a T40001bd, It was doing 147s daily. Was plenty loud for me and my neighbors. Prices on BTLs are slowly dropping, only issue I would say with them is they get plenty loud but they may not get as low as you would like. Mine didn't like going below about 36hz. I still did hair tricks with them but im sure they could have been much better.

#4 · (Edited)
Hairtricks= lots of power lots of air movement, usually a lower tuning..you need some subs that LOVE to get down

edit: come to think of it SPL Explorer from Team Sundown has 2 3000ds on 2 nightshade 18's tuned to 36hz and he does hairtrick pretty easy

#5 ·
i would go with cascade omega 15's if i were you. Cascade is now doing a deal on their sub's and on the website all prices are shipped!!!!

http://www.cascade-designs.com/

click on omega

can't beat 409 for a brand new sub shipped.

#9 ·
I think any of the ones I listed would get the job done, as long as your box is built correctly and you have a good amp to push them.

#10 ·
Enclosure is key there too. and power. The sub is the small part of the equation really.

#11 ·
yea i understand that kicker is the well known my main reason for wanting them was price 300shipped for both the box will be built by me and amp will be bought in accordance to what ever subs i end up with. i just wanna be loud plain and simple

#12 ·
Shit my 4runner was loud as hell inside and louder out side but no hairtricks. I could hear my wife coming home 2 blocks away. and it was only low 140's

#13 ·
Im sure I could get you some L7s if that is what you really need let me just make a quick call and see what I can do, prices wouldnt be shipped though they are located in wisconsin :(

#15 ·
o ive seen a ton of them but everyone else wants 400 plus shipping and its hard to spend that when you just coulda had them for 300 shipped ya know

#14 ·
hair tricks arent a must just something that put a smile on my face but 140's is a requirement

#18 ·
hmmmm specs on box???

#17 ·
You can do it for relativly inexpensive. Bumpin will hook you up

#20 ·
hmm i dont really wanna do 12's anyways thats all i ahve ever had i wanna try 15's f**k i hate being indecisive

#23 ·
nope i have a pretty big area behind the rear seats i wanna stay under the window line

#24 ·
ONe 18 below the window line would be teh secks you should do it.

#28 ·
i havent got that far yet lol im still in the planning wishing stages im big on planning everything thru before i do it because if not i get side tracked

#26 ·

#29 ·
holy shit them ports are as long as my c*wk and almost as big round lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.