Car Audio Classifieds! banner

omgitscollins first build log

10K views 243 replies 29 participants last post by  omgitscollin 
#1 ·
hey guys.
got my sub and MDF so now i thought id start it, its gunna be a slow one because i dont have a table saw and everything and i dont have 6x9's or an amp for my mids and highs so its gunna take a while but if your interested then read, if not goodbye
sub got here, thanks toone!
started making measurements (im no wood worker)
had to move inside the garage to have light
and thats all for today because i dont have a table saw
called it quits at about midnight

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
well, as of right now i have a pioneer 800watt amp(good enough for now)
cheapy dual HU, and alpine type s component speakers
oh crap i forgot to show u guys pi of my car!
Nothing wrong with Pioneer or Alpine at all. I have never run Dual but if you're concerned that its a cheapy you can find a good quality deck for cheap somewhere. Here's a nice $125 option :)

Edit: Hahahaha I forgot the link
FS: Eclipse CD 8445 - Car Audio Classifieds

#9 ·
Hey we have all had vehicles that aren't special lol. Just figured once the build started getting further people would be curious to what it was in. But there's no reason for anyone to make fun of your equipment just because it isn't top of the line. You're making the best out of what you have and making a build log of it so we can see it. Showing the common interest of car audio is what this site is about, not hating on other people's equipment :D

#10 ·
well im happyer now bcuz i have mac & cheese
heres my car. 1997 chevy cavalier 2.2L 2door coupe
my HU, its great for the money
my SA-12's temp box just so i can enjoy a bit of sound while going to work and stuff. it leaks nasty and not wonderful but it works till i get everything done
my amp, i know its a mess you dont have to tell me

#27 ·
i have a friend who did a lil system like urs, cept he had 2 15" fisher floor speakers in their home theater boxes in his trunk hooked up to an amp smaller than urs, so u already have him beat :thumbsup:, but good builds take time n the slower u go the less mistakes ull have, i rushed buildin a box for my step dads RV n it came out all hacked up, thank god its under a bench seat so no one will see it n laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.