Car Audio Classifieds! banner

3-15s or 2-18s in Tahoe

6K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  AllenH427 
#1 ·
I have an 03 Tahoe and I plan on running the cresendo 1000c4 for my mids n highs and the 3kwp for my subs now with that being said Im trying to decide on either 3-15s or 2-18s. I plan on running this in a daily driver and I will not be cranking it up very often but when I do I want it get loud and sound good at it. My previous setup was 4 kicker cvx 12s off of 2 hifonics bxi 2006d amps in a ported box tuned to 33Hz. Iver never heard or owned 18s so what are the pros n cons versus 15s.

#2 ·
Id reccomend the 2 18s if you aim for higher end subs. I love the sound of 2 18s for some reason, though youll have increased cone area with the 15s, I just like the thought of 2 18s better

#3 ·
The 18s will have 509 sq in. of cone area
The 15s will have 530 sq in. of cone area
That's a pretty similar number right there^^... 3 15s vs 2 18s of the same sub, the 15s will obviously have more motor force, but you have to consider you'd be running those 3 at lower power with your amp. I'd get 2 18s... A lot of nice subs can handle 2kw rms perfectly.

#9 ·
Crescendo amps are warrantied at .5 ohms, so you don't have to worry about the amp failing. Running at .5 does put more strain on your electrical than 1 ohm. I'd run at .5 if I had one of those amps though.

#8 ·
3 15's!!! No good reason particularly. Either way I'm interested in either set up you go with. As I drive a tahoe also. What's your electrical like? I'm going with 2 sa-15 for my next set up personally. :D

#25 ·
I'd go with 3 decent 15s. My teammate is running 3 hw 15s on 2 D9s (yes more power than your wanting) in the same body style tahoe and does a 158.xx. It's a daily setup.

#27 ·
Only video I have is his run at finals. Don't have any pictures but I might be able to find some. The box isn't all that big so there is still a good bit of room in the back.

#28 ·
Yeah, tanks tahoe is loud! Lol. If you want to go the 3 15 route, let me know. Im selling the subs in my sig, theyre d2's and I know for a fact that the crescendo will run that low daily. My buddy runs his at .25 daily without an issue. As long as you have the electrical to back it up you'll be fine. Just my 2 cents. Oh, make sure you do a build log for this, id love to watch it progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.