Well, after not even knowing if I was going to compete or not, we went from having absolutely nothing
in the car except wire to doing 3 builds in 2 days and being finals "ready" in a week.
I didn't have any idea what subs I was going to run because I just didn't want to drop thousands. So after my boy Josh (Doeboy) googled "cheap 10" subs," I decided on these monsters.
You read it right. Those are Pyle's, baby. $23 each. Lol. I order (15) of them. "Budget" build is an understatement here. I've got $100 in batts, $207 in subs and was actually going to run a $100 amp, but figured I would be selling myself short by leaving the D5 on the table.
First build was a very proven crx design with a little T-Fade addition.
It wasn't doing the number that I wanted, so I opened it up and due to a very flawed basket design, this is what I see. This little slit is all the rear wave had.
This logjam might have cointributed too. Lol.
Soooo, the "bass boat" was my next brainchild since I figured we would have to mount them inverted to get any kind of pressure out of them. First time this has been done as far as I know. I like doing shit differently. I'd love to see what this box would do with some "real" subs.
The bass boat did a 55.2 during testing, and that's pretty good, but to leave no stone unturned, we tried (4) 15's. Had high hopes for this box, but it was fail. After a couple burps, the pressure absolutley destroyed the sonotube port. Might have had something to do with the fail number. I think we will revisit this one with a bigger, better port.