Car Audio Classifieds! banner

not a big build but building both of my trucks

1K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  mineralgrey01gt 
#1 ·
I know people here like to see the big ported boxes, ported boxes, etc. I didnt build any of my own boxes as I found prefabbed boxes that work perfect for my needs. My trucks are my 2006 sierra cc and my bagged 84 c10:

Im finally getting started on my audio system in my bagged 84 c10. Ill be running 2 sets of kicker DS525 5.25" speakers, 1 speaker in each door, then one in either side of the center console. I have those speakers already and am waiting on my amp to come in. I purchased an amp/sub kit from ebay and itll be here shortly. The amp for the door speakers will be a kicker 200/4. I was going to build my box for it but I found a prefabbed sealed box that will fit perfect and has the correct air space for the subs ill be running. Ill be running 4 kicker cvr 8's behind the seat on my rockford fosgate punch 700s for a little while until I can get a kicker amp to make the system fully kicker. As far as my radio goes I have a wire that plugs into my old iphone (which is my ipod) that runs RCA's out of it so that will be my h/u so to say. Here is links of everything I purchased so far:

Kicker KS525 speakers (actually picked those up yesterday for about 1/2 price from best buy):

Kicker - KS 5-1/4" 2-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - KS525

amp/sub kit (still have to order my other 3 subs):

KICKER CAR AUDIO 8" SUB DUAL 4 OHM CVR8 SUBWOOFER, DX200.4 AMPLIFIER & AMP KIT | eBay

sub box:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

All I have left to buy is my other subs and a little down the road a bigger alternator. I probably will not run the subs until I get a bigger alternator. I have to build my center console also which im doing tomorrow or wednesday. Ill post pics of it all when I take them and get it in.

A quick pic of the truck its going in:

Now for my 2006 sierra cc. I sold my alpine iva-d310 out of it and settled on an alpine iva-w505 double din. I have alpines NVE-N852A navigation and alpines bluetooth module that is going on the radio also. Also have sirius alpine satellite radio receiver that is going in. Im still running the stock bose in it for now and hate it but decided to spend most of my money on the build for my 84. Ill probably get a couple more L7 8's to put in my subthump downfire box for under my seat for a little bass. Ill post pics of this also as I go on with it. Here are a few pics of the set up in it right now on my back wall:

rear wall:

amp link with voltage meter:

driver side:

passenger side ipod hook up:

downfire box:

Pics of the truck that is in:

See less See more
#2 ·
Man that is some clean stuff, don't always have to go big ;). Both trucks are clean in their own ways. Any pics of the old chevy install?

And how did you fasten the wall baffle in the crew cab? I have a 2001 silverado ext. cab and I built one and it stays where it should but I'd like to fasten it.

#3 ·
Thanks man, here is a pic of one door done in the 84

Both doors look the same. The amp is just under the seat for now and my subs aren't in yet

The rear section of my 06 is screwed to the wall. I never had one problem and it's been in for over a year and the truck sits out in the rain and such

#5 ·
little update ( i know its not as classy and well put together as other stuff on here but itll do what i need it to and look decent)

I got bored today and decided to start on my console for my 84. It will go over the top of the middle of the bench seat and will flow up to the dash. It will hold the air gauges, all toggle switches (radio and compressor) also will inter-set my air switches and I will mount a hard back case that i can slip my old iphone in and out of for the music. The middle will have cup holders cut out still not sure which style ones ill go with. I may do bezels out of a mustang for the cup holders as they look really good IMO. This is just the template i made today. The sides will be mdf and top will be some type of flexible paneling then wrapped in red leather to match the rest or ill redo it all with red alligator on top and black suede on sides.

dash:

#13 ·
Got my console all finished and ready to wrap when I get the fabric in. At the top of it my buddy is going to do C10 in raised foam on top of the foam that I am puttting down for cushion on it. I decided to go ahead and wrap the entire thing in black suede so after the holidays im going to order the fabric and do that. Here is the final pics of the console. its an extremely tight fit so I know it will not go anywhere.

this is the front brace and all my lines for my gauges and such:

this is the rear brace as you can see the radio wires run on top of it ( i left my damn wire strippers in the rear section of this brace so they will be riding alone in there for a while doh!)

this is the top section of board layed out and cut (to the right of the bottom hole the ipod will go with velcro right now till I get a permanent one)

The finished product:

#15 ·
Actually I am doing cup holders I believe. I found some bezels from a 99-04 mustang thats just the polished aluminum rings which would look good in it. Not sure where yet but I am going to. I know the top section is going to be used for C10 in raised foam as said but the rest is up for grabs for anything. I even thought about doing some type of raised foam iron cross on top of the arm rest since it would match my rearview mirror

#17 ·
Its pressure fitted in. The seat would have to go all the way to the wall for it to come out. It cant do that since I have my sub box behind the seat so theres no way it can come out without me taking out my sub box first then moving the seat back. I can have it in and out in around 2-3 minutes by myself

#18 · (Edited)
Been quite some time since I updated this but I will now. I took my radio out of my white truck and put the stocker back in with the rca adapter for the stock harness so I could have my system still.

My c10 got the alpine screen put in it today. Didnt take long, only about 20-30 min start to finish. it sounds 10000000x better than it did. Im extremely satisfied with it but here is the pics:

after I cut out the hole:

with cage:

tv in:

playing:

its a little crooked but still is good for now. Im redoing it when I redo the top of the console shortly.

#19 ·
Well ill update this again with some more goodies for the truck. Finally got my wheels in! Not on yet and will not get a chance till next weekend to get them off and to the shop but I do have them in my possession now!

20x8.5 boss 338's with gray middle. The middle is a lot darker than expected and looks great!

Went from this:

to this:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.