Long overdue but I finally got all the bits and pieces to do my doors. Traded for a set of Rainbow 3 ways with plans of going active, but I'm just using the passive for now. Only the mid bass will be pictured as the tweets and mids are in temp mounts until I figure out where I want them... and the temp mounting is embarrassingly ghetto
Ugh. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate this part of CA?
I have a good amount of depth so I decided to make a small sealed enclosure for the midbass. In retrospect, this probably isn't the greatest idea since this line was almost certainly designed for IB. BUT, easier to undo than to retrofit.
Non hardening modeling clay to decouple the driver. And a bit of deadener on the back "wall" of the enclosure. I have no clue if that was a good idea or not.
This is why I hate paying for the good deadener.... because I absolutely can NOT make myself do only 25% coverage. I got 100sq ft and both doors with this much coverage was only ~ 20sq ft. Lol. If I go back in and make the mid bass IB, I'll cover those holes with sheet metal and deaden there as well.
That's it. I'm sure you don't need to see the panel back on. And oh, by the way... a couple new additioms to the T-Fade family
Poor little OA 15 looks like he's geting bullied. Lol.