well I needed somewhere to mount my voltmeter, lc-1 and a bunch of switches, so i started cutting stuff apart.
first i cut the back off of the current console and used a piece of the plastic to glue it back in to make a place to mount the voltmeter.
for the other piece i use a old piece of 1/8" plywood, should work for this and paint pretty well, the face is very smooth.
I drilled a bunch of holes through the old plastic to give the glue a better area to adhere to. I used goop to attach it, should hold up pretty well. just bored waiting for it to dry. gonna sand the goop down some, add a little bondo, and paint the piece, should finish tomorrow.