This is my build thread that I have been working on for a while now. I have been dragging it out mostly because of work and not having the time to work on this but I no longer have a job which means more time to do work!
The truck is a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. I lowered it 3/4 and put 24's on it. I took all the emblems off, put new headlights and fog lights on it with hid's in everything. I painted the front end and put a billet grill in. Also blacked out the taillights and painted the rear bumper. The windows are tinted 5% all around with two layers of 5 on the back, 35% on the windshield with a 5% strip. I originally bought this truck from my grandparents bone stock. Here are some before and after pictures of the truck.
So the equipment is going to be 10 skar vvx10 d4's, two crescendo bc3500's, two xs d3100's, a singer 350a GM alt, and 150ft of jl ofc 1/0 that I scored for free. I have everything except for the second bc3500. I originally was going with a dc 5k but decided to run two amps. For now I have an Alpine INA-W900bt but will probably change that out. Of course I have all the accessories to tie everything together, toolmaker terminals for the batteries, dual inputs for the amps, techflex for the 1/0, 8 gauge ofc knu wire as speaker wire, and all the other goodies.
I swapped out the slider back glass for a solid one
Then I started on the box. I didn't take too many pictures of everything. The entire base is fiberglass and the perimeter was mdf cut out to fit the curves of the floorboard. Then I built up the sides and back piece from that to create a shell. The first picture is the base with packing peanuts to figure air space. As the build goes on it should make more sense. The box will be two chambers though and each one will be around 7.5 cubic feet after displacement. Total air space is 21.7 cubic feet before displacement. The ports will be tuned to 33hz with 99 square inches of port area or 13.2 inches/cubic foot.
I made the ports and got them in place. I also cut out all the rings and cut strips of ltp and wrapped it around the edges so the end result will be a flushed mount look. I also did some bracing from the sides and center piece with 1" dowels that I glued and screwed in place. I am going to figure out something else as far as the bracing from the front to back. I also spent a lot of time and got all the rings in position and then stretched formed everything with fleece and resined it. That brings everything up to speed. I don't have many pictures of the progress but I did take a few.
That's all I have for now. Hopefully I will be glassing the inside of the baffle soon to build up strength and go from there. Then I will have to make a bracket for the alt to fit in the factory spot and build some battery trays for under the hood. Progress will hopefully be faster now that I have more time.
amplifier, amp guts, ampguts, car audio classifieds, speakers and subs for sale with listings of 12 volt sound systems. Security systems for sale for aftermarket car audio equipment with amplifier and amps for sale