I am helping a buddy revamp his install. He was using a JL Audio component set for the font stage and JL Audio 12w6 subs powered by JL Audio Slash amps. He bought my P99RS from me and is now running active
I gave him a quick four hour tune while drinking some beers and we got the JL's sounding really good. Good enough to be winning competitions but he wanted more. He bought a set of Seas components and is hoping for a better sound. I recommended a different route but this is what he choose.
We have a lot to go yet on revamping his install. Here are a few pics of the Seas midrange install.
Old MDF baffles that I told him had to go.
I made new baffles out of cutting board. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of this step. I used my router with a circle jig to cut the baffles. The boards are 3/8" thick so we doubled up on them to get 3/4". I used hot glue to join the baffles and used ht glue again too seal them the to metal door and used four screws to fasten them. I applied gasket tape to seal the drivers to the baffles since the baffles flexed out of fat once being attached to the door.
We are no done yet with this install, I will have to take more pics once we meet up next. His setup will be in the winners circle for 2014