Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Zfrerichs's fiberglassed 2001 Dodge Dakota

7K views 145 replies 32 participants last post by  porksoda 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
***copied this from SMD thought you guys over here might like it

this is my start of a big build i kind of jump around a bit so sorry if its confusing i started with taping up some holes in the extened cab part for some expanding foam

i had a couple of leaks lol

this one is pretty bad the towel was my effort to stop the leak it didnt work at all i then had to pry the towel out of the foam

i turned out pretty good once it dried and i cleaned most of it up it sure made the panel a hella of alot more solid

See less See more
#6 ·
no real update but i did go to tap today and i got some good stuff
i four or five layers of this and i think ill be alright :spiteful:

its the knytex 19 oz fabric this is thick

i also picked up some more tint to finish the whole truck in 15 then later i can go over it with 5 for a straight black its the smaller roll i didnt take any pics of it

#8 ·
moar! I got the same truck, need some ideas.

#80 ·
thanks i really like my truck as well

looking VERY good my friend. fiberglassing is so much work lol, but worth it in the end! subscribed!

also, u should look into evercoat body filler, trust me, you'll thank me later ;)
lol i got the evercoat rage extreme shit is butter!!
rather fvcking sick my man
:)
evercoat ftw. looks excellent bro. subs?
good choices man. this thing's gonna be loud
thanks bro!:D
I better get a demo when your done with this foo!
yeah bro most deffinatly!
Wow!
Looking great!
thanks!

so now you guys are up to date sorry but i am slow so pics will come but not at this rate all day

#11 ·
look at what i picked up today

last one tap had at both there two locations in sac now if someone is wondering why i use this resin instead of the surfacing resin here is why the surfacing resin is for a final coat it has a wax in it for the smoothness now resin does not stick to wax ( very well) then if you try to sand it its not going to do anything because all of the resin contains wax so all your doing is putting scratches in the wax the bonding resin contains no wax is used for high strength hope this helps someone

my back was killing me today but i still got some done it looks like crap i have to get the grinder out there is a couple air bubbles i dont know if you can see them in the pics but theyll get taken care of tomorrow and i think im going to pull the box out and finish it outside the truck

day after glassing i just let it sit where it is until its dry

#12 ·
BOX IS OUT!! :yahoo:

Box came out no problem just a little pry bar and lifting and pop alot easier than i thought it was going to be

box in my garage now that its out now the real work can start five yards of knytex GONE!

this is one of the back sides even tho it will be a ***** and take time i will take all the foil off. just not today i have family stuff to do. but next to the washer you can judge just how big box will be

#14 ·
i had to clean out the garage and go to the dump today it was getting out of hand with all the projects so i didnt get alot done but i got some sanding done

i gotta go to my birthday dinner then im puttin some more resin on the box but bondo and what not tomorrow on the a pillar the other one is being a *****! the glue wont stick so im going to screw it in

#21 ·
got some donr today
doulbed up the top

i got the port all figured out and sealed um up

some more cardboard was used lol
taped down

traced it from the bottom then flipped it over makes a perfect template

cut out and mocked up

im trying to get this box done :aggressive: so i can start on other stuff tomorrow pick up a couple sheets of mdf baffle ...:unknw: maybe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.