'99 4Runner Build - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > Build Logs

Build Logs Post details, pictures and get feedback of your installation, from beginning to end.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 11:54 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss228
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default '99 4Runner Build

Finally got my 4Runner. I have always wanted one of these 3rd Gens and finally found one that I could afford and was in pretty good shape. It already had the Wet Okole seat covers, was clean, well taken care of, ceramic tint, cold a/c, and etc. I have a thread over on T4R but I decided to start one here as this is my passion. I had a build log here but it was for my Pathfinder was has been donated. Onto to the build. First the stock pics:

This is what it looked like when I purchased it back in December. Alot has happened since then.

The plans are to replace the front stock speakers with my Hybrid Audio / Audible Physics setup. I plan to run two L6s for midwoofers, Ar3a for mids, and L1s for the highs. Front stage will be ran active of course. Rear fill will be with the stock speakers for now or ever. Head unit is a Pioneer 4300BT. As for amplification for the speakers, they will be ran off two Zuki Audio Eleet 4s. All wiring is either welding cable or Knukoncepts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 12:11 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss228

Now the front stage I worked on it about February through March time frame. I did not realize how shallow the mounting area for the midwoofers are until I got to installing them. Toyota had a plastic mounting bracket that had a shallow woofer because of the window track that ran right behind the hole. Had to get creative in this one so I shimmed the track back about 3/16" and made a spacer that brought the L6 out. Witht that done I had to cut a hole in the door panel to mount the door panel back on with the L6. I also deadened the doors with Knukoncepts Kno Knoise - Kolossus Edition. The L1s were mounted in the sail panel with minor modifications and fit pretty well. I have yet to fab up the mount s for the Ar3s in the A-pillars and finish the covers for the L6s Onto the pics:

It seems that I have made the covers a bit too tall and have to make some mods on them so they do not stick so much.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:15 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss228

Now onto the the stuff going in the back. I'm talking the subs and amps. I have a variety to choose from, Alumapros 12s, Tantrics 10s, HDC3-15s, DDs 6.5" (yes 6.5"s) and my HDC4-12s. For now I'm going with my HDC4-12s. This is a pair of them off of my AQ20. Along with that, I've got a D1200 and one set of Maxwell caps that will be ran daily. My music is all Alternative or Rock mixed with some Jazz and Blues. Saving up money for a alternator and maybe another battery. I already have four sets of the Maxwell cap banks. Onto the pics:

Here is the before

And the after. Still need to clean up the wiring. Now you see it.....

Now you don't.....

End result......

Next is the get the HDC3-15s in there. First, gotta meter it with my new Termlab Magnum. I also have to find the 4Runner peak freq....

Old 06-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Fi Enthusiast

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss343
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I like how you did your door panels, that was one of the first problems i had to overcome, i need to redo i though to somehting along those lines. love seeing another 4runner build!

Quote:
I've never, not one time, seen a gain from 45's. People think of ports as a wind tunnel. They don't work that way. They resonate. They don't produce wind. If it was a wind tunnel, 45's would be more than justified. But it isn't.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51 View Post
Saving up money for a alternator and maybe another battery. I already have four sets of the Maxwell cap banks. Onto the pics:....

I wouldnt get a ho alt i will invest in more caps, i only have 2 banks with stock alt and battery with 5k but you got roughly 10k, i would get 4 more banks and voltage should hold fine, battery wont help unless you really drain those caps down to 12.5v

Last edited by SPL Addict; 06-16-2015 at 05:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SPL Addict For This Useful Post:
area51 (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 02:19 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss228

Didn't check up on this thread in a while. Thanks for the tip on the caps. I do have four banks but I am currently running one extra battery and bank daily and the rest of the banks for burps.

I have not completed my door pods for the L6s yet however I did finish my pods for my Audible Physics AR3s for the A-pillars. Here are some pics of it.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Partially Unwound

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2696
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Really nice work on the pillars.
Keep 'em coming!
Old 08-03-2015, 02:04 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss228

Thanks for the comment! This was my first try at something like this. Now that I look at it, I should have molded the pods into the A-pillar. That will be the project after I get the left tweeter to aim at me. I have to mod the sails now so the L1 aims at me. Here are some pics of it installed. I know the paint does not match so I am trying to find SEM paint here locally to match.

Also here are some pics of the current sub setup. Removed the HDC4s and installed my Alumapros.

As they say in Kikaida "Tsu, Tzu, Ku".
Old 08-25-2015, 01:17 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss228

Update: switched out the Alumapro MX12s for my four DD SW6.5s in a T-Line box.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement