05 volvo s40 build - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > Build Logs

Build Logs Post details, pictures and get feedback of your installation, from beginning to end.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Default 05 volvo s40 build

Second try at this. Tried before just when photobucket changed there term on photo hosting. I tried our own photo gallery but lost my huge write up on my setup and what I've done and ideas

This will be update while back at home with picture and much editing, don't have photo of everything as I didn't plan to do a build log and I gotten far with it still need more $ and time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2017, 01:52 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1577
Feedback Score: 47 reviews

If you're having trouble uploading, use this site https://imgbb.com/ ..
Old 10-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113

Ok got this car for $700 last year not knowing the cylinder head needed to be replaced. Long story short a girl from my girlfriend job traded in the car and I found it on Craigslist and thought maybe electrical issue. Tow truck driver who towed it previously knew the engine was locked. Junkyard cylinder head and timing kit job done at the same time drives amazing. Interior need works from flood from loose sunroof and floor gash from riding over somehing that made a hole. Great stuff foam worked well

Now audio portion of this vehicle. Stock premium system sounded nice, but Was trying to keep stock radio even tho I had a whole system from previous vehicle. No aftermarket kit available. And reason being they have a fiber optic audio system and well I did found a Bluetooth module that took place of CD player but was pricey but audio source cable is a fiber optic cable which I only found a process that does have that feature but that with the Bluetooth module I was looking at $800 or more

So I took my bezel from my explorer and cut up the radio location to fit in my pioneer 80prs and epoxy it

So Plan was 2 fi btl neo 15s d1

Last edited by SPL Addict; 10-15-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113

So with my max dimension that's being taking the rear door off, seats and opening up the rear to the trunk I was able to fit a box of 8.2 cu.ft net tuned to 34hz with 98sq.in of port area

Old 10-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113

I wanted to go Brazilian style with the amp but I found a Zenon amp that is full bridge and well you see what you pay for vs a Stetson 8k amp to one of these. Size of a typical 2k amp but heavy and well built for $980 for 9kw rms

Guts shot of the 9k

Clamp test of someone who has the same amp

And mounted on the box and I know I shouldn't but future rebuild will fix this, you"ll see
Old 10-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113

As you see in the photo above I had the soundstream ref4.760 to factory door speaker. I swap that out for 2 Rockville rxd t2 micro this weekend to power my front and rear stage and you will see that in a moment.

Those rockville are awesome/small/cheap and powerful and really help me with this build. They are mount on a think piece of acrylic for clearance and which allow me to move and bolt down both. Underneath the mounting foot needs to be attach so I predrilled the holes and count sunk them in and bolt down to the amp to the acrylic sheets

Stock alt and only 1 run of power cable no big 3 yet just had 2 banks of caps and well I had to wire down to 3.4 ohm to keep the system from shutting off. Will be buying tinned OFC and run 2 power cable front to rear tightly secured and wheather proof the end for any type of corrosion. Big 3 and 2 inline 200amp relay for bank in the back. I did order one and got ****ed and didn't have a printer to print label or money or gas

Bank in the back next to the box was the only place I could put it. Made a box and wired it up. Note this wiring was temporary and that is where I tapped into stock amp wiring harness

Old 10-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113

So after awhile I clearly need front stage to keep up so I had this idea since my door panel it flat and I didn't have much door clearance

Then I cut out the shape I wanted

Then I trace it on wood then sanded it smooth

Then I used a 1/4 over size bearing to make a flange

I 45 the edge and wrapped it and used liquid nail. And for the sheet metal on the door I use my template to make the door sturdy and sealed it u and put 3in high density foam. I also wrapped the awful arm rest with the same material

I used the ct sound meso 6.5 and man they sound great. Really wide bandwidth can and a lot of output. Feel as tho I don't need tweets but will be getting 4 crescendo ft1 tweeters
Old 10-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1113

Rear stage 4 ct sound neo pro 8s $38 each. I like them since there shallow mount/light but paper thin cone but I'm sure that's to achieve bandwidth and output. Would rather try the meso 8s but heavy and big and 6.5 are monster but well built. There loud and nice in all ways tho

I built this quick enclosure for them to bump. I always have done a rig first then polish it out later kinda guy

I tried making it small as possible and this triangle enclosure give me and option of mounting them straight or at and angle depending how I want or can fit it. I had it mount up cause I don't have clearance was was still trying to save rear view for driving

If I stay with this install I will just organize everything and upgrade wire and all like mentioned and do the rear deck glassed + plus sealing up the trunk

This Is how the car currently stand. Plan are to install the tweet on the front door by the stock tweeter location and power them off a small amp. As of now I was doing a deal with a guy for my 2 banks of caps plus $850 for his jy 80ah lithium battery but he kept stalling and making up excuse and got him replying back asap once I filed a claim and I turned my package around.

Beside that I contacted Hunter Martin for a 6th enclosure roughly 23cu.ft net going to take 6 sheet and a while before I get time and money for that. Will be walled from front seat and rear chamber into the trunk area but still allow me to have a space for spare tire and for proper mounting and cooling for the amps and battery. I will hopefully take a lot of pics and keep this thread update and I apologize for such a long write up as I'm trying my best to provide as much info

Last edited by SPL Addict; 10-15-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement