Car Audio Classifieds! banner

MemphisTahoe02's build

6K views 78 replies 26 participants last post by  Esoteric 
#1 ·
So i finally got things together to throw up a build log. i already had my box built before joining CACO, so i ill throw up the old photos so you can see what i was doing and what not.
the truck

box build

old box with 2 15" mojos, and 2 12" mojos

compared to my old 12" mojo box

old subs 12"

15"

highs amp. memphis 100.4 PR

in the location of the stock subwoofer

memphis MCS6's in all 4 doors with crossovers

The old batteries (both were launched through back window of blazer when i flipped it last year)

old wiring

old amp wiring

so now for the new install equipment!

the subs

new wire
25' of 2/0 wire gonna go from the batteries to the amps

49' of 4/0 wire going from front of truck to back 2 batteries. one run to each battery.

the NEW batteries :D

some new mids and highs gonna add these to the 4 6.5" speakers i already have. never have too many speakers.

Install time
holes for 4/0 wire going into cab from underneath the truck

had to cut it with a sawzall

my crimper :rofl:

new amp fuses and 2/0 wire

well i got this up for now, enjoy. saturday i will be meeting up with George from Vortex Electronics to tl this thing before sundays show at Englishtown NJ. tomorrow i will be adding more pics of some wiring and some tuning stuff. maybe a vid or two. let me know whatcha guys think:thumbsup:

See less See more
#5 ·
those are xtant x1001's. my babies. i love them. haha. and no thanks. i am not a fan nor a hater of steve meade, i like his ideas, but i think they should take him off the pedestal now. he has a cool ride but so do alot of guys on here! :thumbsup: i dont have much 4/0 left, only about 10 ft or so. but if you pm me i can see if i can get some more. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
got some more stuff in lately, gonna be wiring up some stuff this week. heres some pics of equipment

800a4

xtant x604

cleaned off the batteries just for JH8909 lol

man i love me some gut shots. this weekend im hoping to be putting in the 6.5" mb quartz i got in and moving my memphis amp from behind my box where i cant access it right now. bad idea.

#18 ·
Lookin clean. Good shiz :thumbsup:
thanks guys. i try to keep it as clean as i can but that 4/0 wire doesnt help or the 2/0. plush im running out of room for amps :( i still need to put in 4 more amps.
i have another rockford 800a4 to put in, the memphis x604, the two x1001 amps to put in as well. its gonna be putting 20 lbs in a 10 lb bag haha.
got to love when the gf helps with the install
hell yeah :)

#17 ·
LoL yea the likely hood of my wife helping me install is her sitting on another car watching me. But at least she gives me moral support.

#22 ·
May 13, 2010: well i got sent home early so i took this time to rewire my box with the bolt idea and it was a pain in the ass. lol. but after it was all done i like it better. easier to hook up to my amps as they have 2 channels for output on a monoblock style amp.

this weekend i gotta figure out something for mounting 3 more amps to the box some how, and one more to the back of the seat. gonna be a tough one.

yeah i attached one side to the bolts than got distracted and crimped and attached the side that goes to the subwoofer to the bolts. im a :tard:

i also ran out of speaker wire and power wireso i gotta get some more to wire to the amp. i gotta send out my one xtant for repair still, gotta get some more rca's and gotta get this damn wine out of my highs. only happens when the heat is on. freakin gay.

#26 · (Edited)
update December 25/26, 2010:
Got a new build in the hoe coming up. just installed 30 ft of dynamat and will be installing the rest tomorrow in the front doors. gonna need to buy more for the rear doors and probably more layers on the roof and barn yard doors.

before dynamat:

after:

and i would like to thank gm for making it so damn hard to remove the headliner because of this:

they glued the wiring harness for the rear heating unit to the headliner so you cannot remove the headliner with all the wires attached. F you GM!

either way still got it done. will have more pictures tomorrow of front doors being matted and hopefully will have my cut sheet ready to start building a new box!

#30 ·
4 15's, same subs as before just new box designed because my last one sucked.

what brand wire is that black one, and can I use a regular car batt for a second batt to stick behind my seat, or do I have to use a drycell batt.
that black speaker wire is Scosche EFX 12 gauge wire. nice stuff. i like it a lot. and about the battery, i would assume you could but it would be better to use a car audio designed battery thats sealed.

luckily you can do your work indoors. I keep getting excuses about using my uncles shop. :(
thats my home garage, 2 car garage, but its deeper and has 4 quads and a jon boat in there too haha.

#37 ·
Sound Levels of Music
Normal piano practice 60 -70dB
Fortissimo Singer, 3' 70dB
Chamber music, small auditorium 75 - 85dB
Piano Fortissimo 84 - 103dB
Violin 82 - 92dB
Cello 85 -111dB
Oboe 95-112dB
Flute 92 -103dB
Piccolo 90 -106dB
Clarinet 85 - 114dB
French horn 90 - 106dB
Trombone 85 - 114dB
Tympani & bass drum 106dB
Walkman on 5/10 94dB
Symphonic music peak 120 - 137dB
Amplifier rock, 4-6' 120dB
Rock music peak 150dB

Sorry bro, you're screwed.

#41 ·
do you want a dual alt bracket for that for the low

#44 ·
210 shipped
with belt and relay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.