2006 CRV center console build!

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  andrewtexas123 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
looking good :thumbs up:
Thanks!

surprised you didn't kerf that piece

Lookin good so far.
I have never kerfed before, plus I dont think I have the tools to do it..

y the fiberglass mold on the bottom when it looks like its outta MDF in the later pics?
I made the mold to confuse you :) It was the original plan to use the mold but I figured it was gonna be hell lineing up the two sides. Either way I got the experience of making the mold and I had the option to use it if needed. Insted I place some little 1/2" risers in certin places to keep the console stable!

#16 ·
Why 3 layers of glass? You matted it and have mdf support and since it's just a battery that's kinda overkill. Not critiquing per se just advice. Glass is a ***** to work with so you never wanna do more work than necessary plus that shiz is getting expensive. Also what brand bodyfiller are you using? I always use z-grip or rage gold for something that i want to get a glass smooth surface on. Very easy to sand and with 320 grit you won't need a layer of glaze on top to even it out. Very nice work btw much cleaner than my first jimmyrigged glass job:thumbsup:

#17 · (Edited)
3 layers of 3/4oz was needed in my opinion and if I wasn't going to fill it I would have done a 4th layer.. It took me all of 35 min to lay it down not a pain in the butt if you ask me. I get my mat for 2$ a yard at 36" wide right now my total on the build is $28 lol

edit: I am useing bondo it was an impulse buy needed it cheap and did feel like waiting or paying the money for some rage. I have used rage gold in the past and I reccomened it to any one. Also I disagree allways better to use more then needed as it's better to be too strong then week.

#19 ·
very nice work man deff lookn good.

#22 ·
lookn good bro. haha drink a bit lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.