Well, I guess it's a build log because I built something, but I didn't really document the process so whatevs...
I've been putting it off for some reason, but I finally went ahead and did the "Big 3." And FYI- I gained .7v from it, so take that for what it's worth. I also got another battery for the trunk since I upgraded amps. I found a G31 AGM 90ah battery at a local distributor for $60. Yes, $60. With a warranty. Also got a Stinger dash mount voltmeter to monitor thangs while I'm wangin'.
Ok, now on to the good stuff... If you didnt' see my past threads, my old set-up was a single DD 2510 in a 4th order on an MMATS d300hc doing 139.7's. I decided to upgrade basically everything
in the trunk this weekend including all of the 1/0 and my highs amp. I had a DD C4B running the highs and I swapped it out for an old school Zapco. The little Zapco is owning the DD, btw.
I didn't think to take many pics of the build since it only took me a couple hours, but here's a couple of the innerds before I buttoned it all up. The new set-up is a pair of AQ HDC3 10's on an AQ2200 @ 1ohm. The box is 2.25net with 40sq in of port tuned to 40hz. The baffle looks off because it was a late addition and the braces are different sizes because they were whatever scrap wood was laying around. And yes, I cleaned up all of that wire. Lol.
Not bad. It's a 4db gain over my last set-up, so I'm going in the right direction. That was at 39hz which is odd because my box is tuned to 40. I still have some testing to do and a couple other things, not the least of which is the DynaMat that's been collecting dust in my closet. For those of you who care, it was mid 141's sealed on the dash and same score for "Street Beat."
Big shoutout to Drew (and Tiff) for all of their help and the workspace.