Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Zachfeen's 04 focus hatch build

3K views 63 replies 15 participants last post by  stangman67 
#1 · (Edited)
Here we go again, this is my attempt at a loudish daily setup. Cars been through a ton of setups lately, hopefully this one will be here to stay for awhile. Should be done by next weekend as long as my box panels get here from mike by the end of the week.

Already done- Run of pos/neg Knu 1/0
Big 3 done in knu 1/0
Deadened hatch
Jvc highs amp
peerless mids/dayton tweets/robot underground xovers

Substage
Solid f2500
4 sa-8's in 2.5 at 35hz
Cheap ebay agm in the rear until the xs group buy comes along.

I know you all love guts so here ya go.

Pics of the car/wiring to come tomorrow

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
Little update. Amp is mounted. My battery didn't come today as it was supposed to, I really hope usps didn't lose the damn thing lol. Mounting the amp went a decent but the wire isn't flexible enough for my liking, I couldn't get as tight of a bend out of the amp as I wanted. Consequently I probably won't be able to do much else with the wiring.

#15 · (Edited)
Small update. This batt is actually not bad. Group 22nf so it is narrow enough to fit my needs, 55ah and best of all it was only 60 bucks shipped off ebay! 1 year old datecode, used in a power backup system and then sold off cheaply. It might not do enough to totally supplement the eventual d1200 under the hood but it should do enough until I can afford a d2700 or d3100.

The install isn't the cleanest, it is hard to make everything clean with the room I have and this type of terminal. I geuss the best thing you can say about a battery install is that nothing blew up so that is good. Now all that is left is the box :)

#16 ·
nice man lookn good , just wondering who makes solid audio never heard of em?

#17 ·
Thanks! Solid is an older brand, they haven't been around for awhile now. They use zenon boards just like a lot of other companies out there. This particular amp uses the same board that the 2nd generation American Bass xd3k had in it.

#23 ·
I use to be able to get those type of batteries cheaper too (not necessarily that brand but the whole data center backup battery) from a buddy who used to work at a data center. Decent batts. Didn't quite have the discharged rate I would have liked but were cheap, solid batts.

#24 ·
Yea for the price I cannot really complain. Like I said, it should do enough until the xs group buy comes around. D1200 under the hood, d2700/3100 in the hatch ftw. I never though I'd drop 460 on batts though. I guess that is what it takes to get loud and do it right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.