3K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  bones22 
#1 ·
Users involvedFLAstrongman, Bassman
Buyer:Bassman

Seller:FLA strongman

Link to original FS thread and/or trade agreement thread:Car Audio Classifieds

Original deal details:

Description of how the deal went bad:
Everything was good up until UPS screwed me over by dropping the battery and busting it, then i shipped it back to ups and they shipped it back to Florida to the UPS store where FLAstrongman sent it from. Well he had great contact up until this point with me then its been minimum to none, ive tried to get in touch with him multiple ways via email via phone via caco and still no answer. I paid 175$ for the battery and UPS said the 100$ he put down for insurance wasnt covered cause the battery was improperly packaged... well somehow or another i want another battery(same kind) or my money back.

Screen shots supporting your claims:

Additional info:

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I know this looks bad but I have been way too busy too deal with this. I run a small business and it's TAX time, so I've had way too much on my mind. I did finally stop by the UPS store and talked to them about the claim. They were no help at all and told me to call ups. I plan on calling today, so I will update later. I'm really sorry for taking so long to get back to you bassman.

#5 ·
hey dave its all good man, if you would have just contacted me to let me know that you was busy and needed more days then that been cool. Just keep more more up to date on what your going to do. Just reply back on here and let me know what they say about it when you call them. Thanks

#6 ·
Alright, I'm getting nowhere with UPS or the UPS Store. The store told me I had to call UPS. Even when I asked them to call UPS for me, they still said there is nothing we can do, you have to call UPS. So I go home and call UPS. They tell me, sorry we can't help you, the UPS Store needs to call us because they are the ones who shipped it. You ever feel like you're chasing your tail?

#9 ·
I know man. If there was any question in my mind of it being packed incorrectly, I would have sucked it up and refunded you already. But I've been selling and shipping heavy items on Ebay for 8 years with a flawless record. This will be the first item I've ever had damaged out of around 500 transactions. It's pretty crappy that UPS is going to deny the claim based on packaging. I remember mentioning to you that it took me an hour to get this battery packed, so it's not like I halfassed it. But it's really looking like UPS is going to screw me here.
Did you happen to get any more pics of the packaging when you received the battery? Right now, the UPS Store has all the power and I can't even get them to appeal the denied claim without some pics. And all I know is the package looks nothing like the way it was sent. Also, since you are the one that filed the claim it might help if you contact the UPS store and try to get them to appeal the claim.

#11 ·
yeah i know you ebay alot and seems that if you done it right then it would be now and there would been no problem with ups. As of pictures i didnt really get any pics of the packaging just the battery, ill try calling ups to give it my best to see about the claim i filed. Hopefully they will give in and pay for it. Now its the ups store in florida that i have to contact right?

#10 ·
Here's the tracking number: 1z9v29310353973525

and the number for the ups store it was shipped from: 239-481-6245

and the number for the ups store headquarters: 1888-346-3623

#13 ·
UPS is VERY tight about paying out claims. The only way i was able to get my claim payed was to have the buyer take about 20 pictures of the sub they got from every possible angle and to also send them pics of the item before i shipped it out.

If you still have the pictures of the item from your for sale thread for it you should send those along with the damaged pics.

#14 ·
thanks for the tip. I do still have a bunch of pics from when I listed it for sale. We might have to try that if Bassman can't get anywhere with them.

#15 ·
I contacted the UPS store in Florida( the one you shipped from). The man i got in touch with said, '' There was nothing i could do from my side.'' He said that they had denied your( FLASTRONGMAN's) claim twice because of the improper shipping. He just told me it was left up to the shipper to deal with any claims through UPS. They were like talking to a brick wall really.

#16 ·
That's BS. I got the same kind of response from them. They told me you should be the one calling because you were the one that filed the claim. And I know for a fact the claim has not been denied twice because they will not appeal the claim for it to get denied a second time which they have to do if you request it. These people are a bunch of liars. I think you need to call UPS and tell them what is going on with the UPS store and that they are refusing to be cooperative.

#18 · (Edited)
#20 ·
UPS guidelines require the Shipper to file the claim.

Both times I've called UPS, I've been told The UPS Store is technically the shipper and I have to deal with them.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/claims/hlp/damage_process.html?srch_pos=6&srch_phr=claim&WT.svl=SRCH

And the buyer has already filed a claim.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/cla_faq09.html?srch_pos=12&srch_phr=claim

I have not received this letter but I imagine the UPS Store has.

#19 ·
Just as a note worth mentioning, I have NEVER lost a UPS claim...ever.

The SHIPPER indeed needs to file the claim. You need to contact the UPS claims office. It's a completely different department from the UPS shipping distributors. The claim should be able to be initially file at the UPS store you sent if from. The UPS store has NO RIGHT to dispute the claim, that is up to their resolutions department, not the UPS store.

Once the claim has been filed at the UPS store, you (FLA) will be given a case number, and someone should contact you. (I always make the inital contact to expedite the process). They will ask you for a ton of pics and most importantly, the capcity ratings on the box the batt was shipped it. Once you jump through their hoops, they will refund you the money (FLA). Usually claims that are $100 or less they will just pay instantly...

I can't stress just how important it is to remain calm, and professional with the claims department. They will try to be assertive with you, but just play the game and speak respectfully...once again, I've never lost and I've had 4 subs damaged that were all over $300 each, and one was $500...

#23 ·
okay dave are you supposed to be waiting on something from UPS? I know i need a answer to what is going to be solved here, i mean i need a battery for my ride and its been well over a month now so i cant play my system without major voltage drop. Waiting this long is just got me impatient i guess you could say.

#25 ·
FYI UPS didn't pay my claim or contact me for 5 months for the first problem and it took close to a year for my second claim to be paid.
UPS is swamped with claims and it takes them a while to review and pay out a claim.

#27 ·
Gaylan, if you spent half as much time following up with UPS as you have harassing me on other car audio sites you might have gotten somewhere by now. I told you this is my busy season and asked you to help this situation move faster. How have you helped in any way after filing a claim? I'm the shipper, so yes in the end the responsibility falls on me if UPS does not fix their mistake. But you have not even called UPS. You called the UPS store and I told you the guy you talked to lied to you just like he lied to me. You need to find the facts out for yourself. YOU have to be the one to appeal the claim, because you're the one that filed the claim. I already tried and got nowhere after spending hours arguing with both UPS and THE UPS STORE. But instead you have spent all your time making accounts on other sites trying to drag my name through the mud. At that point I pretty much gave up on trying to help you. I have another battery sitting here waiting for you if UPS doesn't come through. But it seems to me as though you don't want to work with me on this anymore.

#28 ·
Once again, I just talked to Kimberly at UPS, not the UPS store in Florida. She said in this case , it was up to the shipper to file the claim with UPS. She said I could not file the claim. I have not been able to file a claim- everyone i talked with said that had to come from you. If you have not filed the claim, please do so.

The only reason I posted the comment was because I have not been able to reach you for the last month. I have tried emails, numerous phone calls from different numbers and nothing. I know you said it was a busy time for you, but just a quick call or email would have sufficed. I assumed you were trying to avoid me.

I will retract any negative comments if we can resolve this issue. Thanks,Galen.

#29 ·
I don't think he was trying to avoid you, he's just been extremely busy with SBN coming up.

I am pretty sure that you are correct, it is up to the shipper, but I haven't recently had an issue that needed a claim. Just give him a little time, he's been nothing but helpful to me.

Hope this all gets sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.