* 4/3/2 CHANNEL OPERATION: The 3553 can be used as:
a. 4-channel amplifier, producing 35W per channel into 4ohms, or 50W per channel into 2ohms.
b. 3-channel amplifier, producing 35W(4ohms) or 50W(2ohms) into channels 1 & 2 and 100W(4ohms) into the third channel.
c. 2-channel amplifier, producing 100W per channel into 4ohms.
* STATUS MONITOR:
This indicator illuminates in green when the amplifier is on and operational. This light will turn to orange if any internal protection circuitry is activated.
* ACTIVE DIVIDING NETWORK:
A pair of built-in, switchable and independent electronic crossover network at 80 Hz, 18dB per octave, can be used to set up the amplifier for low-pass (tweeter/midrange satellite) application.
* ACOUSTIC COMPENSATION CIRCUITRY:
A selectable(Off or On) equalization curves can be added to the amplifier's output signal, compensating for the inherent non-linearities of the automobile interior. It extends low bass response and eliminates mid-bass boominess, giving the low frequency response of the audio system tightness and accuracy.
* DUO-B FEEDBACK CIRCUITRY:
This stabilizes the amplifier, removes DC offset, and offers excellent total harmonic distortion(T.H.D.) characteristics. It also provides low T.I.M., excellent slow factor, stability, and musicality.
*NO CURRENT LIMITING:
Absence of current limiters in the audio section ensures low T.I.M. excellent transient response, and superb sonic quality.
* S.T.A.R. CIRCUITRY:
The Alpine-developed Signal Transit for Accurate Response circuit topolgy improves sonic properties by reducing interaction between different sections of the circuitry.
* INPUT MODE SELECTOR:
This switch allows the user to specify the input signal entering the amplifier. Among other benefits, it eliminates the need for RCA-type Y-adaptors when bridging the amplifier.
* INPUT CHANNEL SELECTOR:
This switch allows the user to specify the input signal entering the higher power CH3 and CH4 of the amplifier.
* DC-TO-DC SWITCHING MODE POWER SUPPLY:
Provides excellent power output throughout the audio band-width(20Hz to 20kHz). It's soft clipping characteristics ensure superb transient response and musicality.
* FULLY DISCRETE, COMPLEMENTARY OUTPUT CIRCUITRY:
* INDEPENDENT, CONTINUOUSLY ADJUSTABLE GAIN CONTROLS FOR CH1/2 AND CH3/4:
* GOLD-PLATED, SCREW-DOWN POWER AND SPEAKER TERMINALS:
* HIGH PERFORMANCE, LOW NOISE, AUDIOPHILE QUALITY ACTIVE AND PASSIVE COMPONENTS:
* THIRD ORDER(18dB PER OCTAVE) CAPACITIVE/INDUCTIVE POWER SUPPLY INPUT AND OUTPUT FILTERING:
* EXTRA HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: