Taramps 8k 2 ohm - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > Car Audio Product Reviews

Car Audio Product Reviews Post detailed reviews of products you have personally used.


Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-11-2015, 03:26 PM
crownvicon26's's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882
Location: Spartanburg, S.C.
Thanks: 225
Thanked 52 Times in 46 Posts
iTrader: (9)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default Taramps 8k 2 ohm

Just want to do a quick review of this amp. I originally had a CT sounds 4k wired to .5 ohm. By having a 4th order trunk build I was limited on space and had no choice but to mount the CT on the box knowing this could potentially cause issues due to the amps lack of board support. Long story short the amp has been very unreliable, thus my decision to try a Brazilian amp. Got the amp installed today wired to 2 ohms. With this amp having a rather small footprint for its size I was able to mount it on top of my batteries but I also had other mounting locations to choose from because of its size. I know an efficiency comparison is not apples to apples but I was living in the mid to low 12's with the CT and now I don't drop below 13.2 even at idle full tilt. It also seemseems a good bit louder. It plays as low if not lower than the ct. I played it for about 2 hours straight today and it was only warm. Im very happy with this amp but it may be a little too much for my subs. They get a little smelly after about a minute or two of hard wangin. Not as technical as other reviews but I'm sold on these amps after being skeptical at first.

__________________
Taramps 8k
2 Zv.3 15's
2.87:1 4th Order @ 48hz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-11-2015, 03:36 PM
craiggus365's Avatar
Partially Unwound
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2697
Location: NJ -(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Age: 46
Thanks: 79
Thanked 217 Times in 197 Posts
iTrader: (13)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Default

Good review, sometimes the biggest isn't the best.
I really would like to try one of these style amps also, they just never show up as a refurb or small ones used. (Cheap-o = Me!)
I really loved 'the little smelly after hard wangin' line.
__________________
Where the Governor is on a steak, the cops are on the take, and the welcoming committee is a sawed-off shotgun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to craiggus365 For This Useful Post:
crownvicon26's (07-11-2015)
  #3  
Old 07-11-2015, 03:42 PM
crownvicon26's's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882
Location: Spartanburg, S.C.
Thanks: 225
Thanked 52 Times in 46 Posts
iTrader: (9)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggus365 View Post
Good review, sometimes the biggest isn't the best.
I really would like to try one of these style amps also, they just never show up as a refurb or small ones used. (Cheap-o = Me!)
I really loved 'the little smelly after hard wangin' line.
Lol. They put out a good bit of power. Try facebook. That's where I found mine.
__________________
Taramps 8k
2 Zv.3 15's
2.87:1 4th Order @ 48hz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2148
Location: Mobile Al
Thanks: 231
Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
iTrader: (26)
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Default

Nice review and yeah with that much power on tap I can image they getting a little smelly lol......good stuff, I keep wanting to pull the plug and go 4th but dont know why I dont lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 PM
chasinbass's Avatar
CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss247
Location: Calif
Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvicon26's View Post
Just want to do a quick review of this amp. I originally had a CT sounds 4k wired to .5 ohm. By having a 4th order trunk build I was limited on space and had no choice but to mount the CT on the box knowing this could potentially cause issues due to the amps lack of board support. Long story short the amp has been very unreliable, thus my decision to try a Brazilian amp. Got the amp installed today wired to 2 ohms. With this amp having a rather small footprint for its size I was able to mount it on top of my batteries but I also had other mounting locations to choose from because of its size. I know an efficiency comparison is not apples to apples but I was living in the mid to low 12's with the CT and now I don't drop below 13.2 even at idle full tilt. It also seemseems a good bit louder. It plays as low if not lower than the ct. I played it for about 2 hours straight today and it was only warm. Im very happy with this amp but it may be a little too much for my subs. They get a little smelly after about a minute or two of hard wangin. Not as technical as other reviews but I'm sold on these amps after being skeptical at first.

Nice Bro ! I am watchin see how happy you are with it ? I am thinking of getting the 10k 2 ohm for my rebuild after the CT7k mess lol !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 AM
crownvicon26's's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882
Location: Spartanburg, S.C.
Thanks: 225
Thanked 52 Times in 46 Posts
iTrader: (9)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez4life View Post
Nice review and yeah with that much power on tap I can image they getting a little smelly lol......good stuff, I keep wanting to pull the plug and go 4th but dont know why I dont lol.
Do it bro. You won't have to worry about your trunk rattling and it's probably the most efficient way to get airflow into the cabin with these cars the way the trunk is made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbass View Post
Nice Bro ! I am watchin see how happy you are with it ? I am thinking of getting the 10k 2 ohm for my rebuild after the CT7k mess lol !
I am so happy with this amp. The only down side is no bass knob but that's cool. The 10k should be an absolute beast!
__________________
Taramps 8k
2 Zv.3 15's
2.87:1 4th Order @ 48hz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-21-2015, 12:00 PM
New CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss34
Location: Reno
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Hey crownvicon26's what's your electrical like? I'm thinking about getting the same amp and am running a saz 3500 at .5 and keep hearing these things are less power hungry than sundown amps with alot more power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-21-2015, 12:32 PM
crownvicon26's's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882
Location: Spartanburg, S.C.
Thanks: 225
Thanked 52 Times in 46 Posts
iTrader: (9)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo24 View Post
Hey crownvicon26's what's your electrical like? I'm thinking about getting the same amp and am running a saz 3500 at .5 and keep hearing these things are less power hungry than sundown amps with alot more power.
1g31 up front, 3g31's in back, 3 0gauge runs, j's 275amp alt.
__________________
Taramps 8k
2 Zv.3 15's
2.87:1 4th Order @ 48hz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-21-2015, 01:44 PM
mbrooky's Avatar
Team South
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1238
Location: Crestview, FL
Thanks: 91
Thanked 72 Times in 65 Posts
iTrader: (9)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default

nice review man....and I felt the same...I had an rd d9 which is basically the same as the ct 4k and switched to a taramps 8k and I noticed the same as you. very happy with the 8k...so happy I bought 2 more! haha! also, for a bass knob, I picked up a pac lc-1 and works awesome
__________________
TEAM SOUTH bishes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TEAM RedStick
Team Hz Addiction
sa8 4th order trunk build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to mbrooky For This Useful Post:
crownvicon26's (07-21-2015)
  #10  
Old 07-21-2015, 02:57 PM
New CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss34
Location: Reno
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Yeah your electrical is a little more stout than mine. But thanks for the review man I've thinking about that 8k all week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio Classifieds! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Level of Car Audio Knowledge
What's your level of car audio?

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taramps TS800x4 2 ohm Omegakan Multi-channel Amplifiers 25 01-27-2016 11:12 PM
Fs: Taramps HD 8k 2 ohm Beatdown337 Mono Amplifiers 0 02-06-2015 06:33 PM
FS: Taramps HD4000 2 Ohm Version $LICK CALIFA$ Mono Amplifiers 3 12-23-2014 09:41 AM
Taramps hd4000 2 Ohm model Allauto6293 Mono Amplifiers 3 12-04-2014 10:32 AM
FS : Taramps HD6500 1 Ohm Version ChevyBoy95 Mono Amplifiers 26 09-16-2014 01:57 PM

» Amps
A/d/s/
Advent
Alphasonik
Alpine
American Bass
ARC Audio
Atomic
Audio Art
Audio Gods
Audiobahn
Audiocontrol
Audiopipe
Audison
Aura
Autotek
Avionixx
Bazooka
Beyma
Blaupunkt
Boss
Boston Acoustics
Bravox
Cadence
Cascade (CAE)
CDT Audio
Cerwin Vega
Clarion
Clif Designs
Concept
Coustic
Critical Mass
Crossfire
Crunch
DB Drive
DC Audio
DC Power
DEI
Denon
Diabolo
Diamond
Digital Designs
Directed
DLS
Dual
DYnamat
Dynaudio
Earthquake
Eclipse
Elemental Designs
ESX
Eton
Farenheit
Fi Car Audio
Fix My Speaker
Focal
Fusion
Genesis
Ground Zero
Hafler
Helix
Hertz
Hifonics
Hushmat
Image Dynamics
Infinity
Interfire
JBL
Jensen
JL Audio
JVC
Kenwood
Kicker
Knu Konceptz
Kole Audio
Kove Audio
Lanzar
Lightning Audio
Linear Power
MA Audio
Magnat
Marantz
Massive Audio
MB Quart
McIntosh
Memphis
Metra
MMATS
Mobile Authority
Morel
MTX
Nakamichi
Niche Audio
O2 Audio
Ohio Generator
Optima
Orion
Oxygen Audio
OZ Audio
PG Audio
Phase Linear
Phoenix Gold
Pioneer
Polk
Power Acoustik
Powerbass
Powermaster
Precision Power
Profile
Pyle
Pyramid
RadioShack
Rainbow
Rampage
RE AUdio
Rockford Fosgate
Scanspeak
Scosche
Seas
Sony
soundstream
Sparkomatic
SPL Dynamics
Stinger
Sundown Audio
Swiss Audio
Targa
TC Sounds
TREO Engineering
TRU
Tsunami
Ultimate
US Acoustics
US Amps
Velodyne
Vifa
Viper
Visonik
Xtant
Zapco
Zed Audio
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Links
Amp Guts
amplifier, amp guts, ampguts, car audio classifieds, speakers and subs for sale with listings of 12 volt sound systems. Security systems for sale for aftermarket car audio equipment with amplifier and amps for sale
Car Audio Forum
car audio forum, moble audio, car stereo, wholesale car audio, 12 volt, with, amplifier, amp, subwoofer, sound quality, buy car audio, and sell automotive stereo systems for cars
Car Audio Sound Quality Forum
Sound QUality science based car audio forum, amplifier, subs and speaker design, fabrication help, sound systems forum, aftermarket car audio website for sound quality.
Car Stereo Forum
DIYMA car audio stereo forum for 12 volt car audio subwoofer and amplifier systems that have sound quality with wholesale car audio products.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.