Well, I have had the opportunity to go through a few Kicker ZX amps that I had installed in my Ford Explorer.
750watts RMS @ 4Ohm
1500watts RMS @ 2Ohm
-Puts out rated power and more. This amp is underrated; my amp came with a birth certificate of over 1700watts @ 2Ohm.
- Heavy duty heatsinks insure that the amp does not get too hot and overheat during extended play. I played this amp on a 2OHm load pulling the rated 1500 watts on two Kicker subs for over an hour while driving and after the hour was up, this amp was just warm to the touch.
- Clean and durable speaker/power blocks. This amp accepts power and ground cable up to 4Gauge easily. I have heard that it accepts 1/0Ga as well, but it might be a tight fit. The speaker terminals took 10Gauge wire with ease and accept up to 8Ga. The bolts that hold the wires in place require an Allen wrench (included with all new Kicker amps) and they hold in place with no slipping.
- The ZX1500.1 comes as a clean looking amp that is stylish in almost any install. It is about on average size wise with other amps that put out power in the 1500watts range.
-Easy to reach knobs (Gain, Bass Boost, Crossover Low-Pass Frequency) mounted ont he top of the amp
-Bass control for front seat control is included, and it comes with a 20feet(?) cord.
- I know I said that the amp is on average size for the power it puts out, but you can find amps that are smaller that put out the same power.
- This amp may not be right for an installation where there is little or no airflow since it relies on heat dissipation from the heatsink and has no fans.
- The included subsonic filter which does have an on/off switch, does not include a dial to tune what frequency you want it to be set at. Subsonic is at 25Hz High Pass with 12db per octave.
- Same thing with the Bass Boost. The amp comes with one that you can turn from 0-+18dB, but it is locked in at 40Hz.
This amp puts out the rated power and more and for the price you pay, you get everything you should. THD is a bit high when the volume is cranked, but this is a Class D amplifier. This is definitely not an Audiophile amplifier, since you cannot change the subsonic/bass boost and for the somewhat high THD at high power. Other than that, this amp is great and installs nicely. Good looks and the big Kicker name that everybody knows about.