Originally Posted by money_inc
its a bass boost
It's "sort of" a bass boost. I had a pretty good description of what this thing does, but my thread is no longer there.
Anyway, to sum this up in a few sentences, it's single band EQ for your subs. What it does is "focus" a larger amount of power that you're already using into a specific frequency set by you. Example:
Let's say your running 3000 watts and you have this thing set on 50 hz. 80% or so of your power will be directed towards 50 hz while the other 20% is allocated across the other frequencies in that song. Setting the wide or narrow Q on this also allows for boosting above/below the center, set frequency. You can adjust this on the fly with the remote from 20-110 hz. It also has a subsonic filter that can be set, and the amount of "boost" can be adjusted from 0-15 db. I've found that 12-13 db can be safely run without coloration or clipping.
This is NOT an Epicenter, which lowers the actual frequency of whatever you're listening to, nor is it a line driver. Has nothing to do with voltage. 1 volt in means 1 volt out.