Trunk 0-1000 Sundown and Crunch :P - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > Car Audio Videos

Car Audio Videos Post all your car audio videos here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Team South

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1238
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default Trunk 0-1000 Sundown and Crunch :P

While i'm rebuilding my sb1 setup in my blazer i threw together a setup so i can have some bump back and forth to work...figure i'd put it on the meter to see what it does.

still debating on sealing up the box on the bottom and sides...was going to run 2 crunch GP3000s but one decided to burn up on me the other day....so running one for now on 2 sa-12s. but here she is...peaking at 39hz right now as it's tuned low being it my daily beater to drive back and forth to work and gots to have music lol also, this is with one batt in back with stock batt and alt up front...no matting at all, still need to do that. also curious to see how she does if i tune higher to my higher peak @ 51hz.

and now the TL

2 Sundown SA-12s 1 crunch GP3000 in a trunk metered outlaw usaci style

TEAM RedStick
Team Hz Addiction
sa8 4th order trunk build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mbrooky; 05-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Ladies MAN

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5551
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

You ever tried like Alan...and opening trunk while u meter?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Team South

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
You ever tried like Alan...and opening trunk while u meter?

good thing you said that cuz i watched all his vids just now and noticed how he ran his setup so gonna try a few things that i noticed but i did this run with pass side door open and trunk open and gained. need to try seats folded forward to see if it gains and deaden the drivers side door...plus i have the box pushed all the way back and have no false floor so maybe that will gain if put in a floor...don't know we'll see...test, test, test

TEAM RedStick
Team Hz Addiction

Old 05-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Ladies MAN

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5551
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooky View Post
good thing you said that cuz i watched all his vids just now and noticed how he ran his setup so gonna try a few things that i noticed but i did this run with pass side door open and trunk open and gained. need to try seats folded forward to see if it gains and deaden the drivers side door...plus i have the box pushed all the way back and have no false floor so maybe that will gain if put in a floor...don't know we'll see...test, test, test
Yeh its sooo much more fun testing smaller setups haha
Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1801
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

also if you can try subs up port up in that car they are louder.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1801
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

whats box size and whats tuning

Old 05-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Carolina's Trunk King!

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss557
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Nice you have one of the perfect cars for Usaci outlaw. I have a post on SMD where those guys helped me out with my last car 94 Civic. They do Usaci there info will help you greatly. Doesn't work to well sealed up though.... the key with that setup is pushing air from back to front so creating the least restricted path is best. I would think sub port forward would yield best results it's like shoveling air throw the car.
Your car has 2 central peaks... 39hz low end and 52hz high end. With a sliding peak from 52hz to 57hz box from front to back of the trunk.

Don't seal the trunk off that car loses on sealing from the trunk. But does gain from sealing the floor of from the rest of the trunk in a sense making it smaller.

Last edited by SPL KID; 05-24-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Team South

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1238

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmferio13 View Post
also if you can try subs up port up in that car they are louder.
in what org? TL placement? seems best setup for USACI is subs forward/port forward...worth a try tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmferio13 View Post
whats box size and whats tuning
4cuft mid 30s tune...peaks at 39hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL KID View Post
Nice you have one of the perfect cars for Usaci outlaw. I have a post on SMD where those guys helped me out with my last car 94 Civic. They do Usaci there info will help you greatly. Doesn't work to well sealed up though.... the key with that setup is pushing air from back to front so creating the least restricted path is best. I would think sub port forward would yield best results it's like shoveling air throw the car.
Your car has 2 central peaks... 39hz low end and 52hz high end. With a sliding peak from 52hz to 57hz box from front to back of the trunk.

Don't seal the trunk off that car loses on sealing from the trunk. But does gain from sealing the floor of from the rest of the trunk in a sense making it smaller.
thanks for the info bro yeah through testing mine peaks at 39 and 51 with the setup thinking of building another box for the 51/52hz range to see how it does but not in too much of a rush to build a burp box as music sounds like shit tuned high lol. and yeah i've noticed people lose on sealing off the box and figured i would start off by sealing the floor first cuz if you notice in the pic it's like a big hole exposing the floor lol. i still need to put some deadener on the deck lid and doors to see if it makes a difference or not as well. and sealed up legal was only able to muster up a 148.1 and 148.4 with door open on the dash at 39hz.

TEAM RedStick
Team Hz Addiction

Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Car audio classifieds, stereo sales, subwoofer amps mids classified caraudio, BANNED!!

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2030
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

I can likely fix that other amp
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 PM
DoucheMiller

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3720
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

nice work

Sponsored Links
Advertisement