DC 5K Fuse question.... - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Vendors > (DC)

(DC) DC Audio's Online Forum

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 10:17 PM
n00b looking to learn...

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1531
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Default DC 5K Fuse question....

So I'm spending a little money on supplies for my upcoming build and before checking out I need to know what size fuses should be ran on each of the power inputs for the DC 5k if run at .5 ohm. I'm thinking about picking up some toolmaker inputs to stay in Street 4 MECA but if the fuse rating is low enough I may be able to lower my class to S3 by keeping only 2 fuses.

Anyone have any input on fuse size? Equipment is in the sig but I'll be running 2 XL 18's in a box that is dual tuned for daily and SPL by way of plugs in an aero port an box will be around 8^3ft.

Electrical should be about up to par with a group 78 batt under the hood, 250 amp alt, and 3 100ah group 31's in the back. Any help is appreciated!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|2011 Toyota Carolla S |2 Mmats HD4000.1's | Pair DC XL 12's w/AR cones | Average headrest score out of the trunk...will update after world finals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 10:24 PM
n00b looking to learn...

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1531

NM...I'm an idiot lol! I overlooked the rating right on the site. I just looked again and it looks like I'll be running S4 next year lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|2011 Toyota Carolla S |2 Mmats HD4000.1's | Pair DC XL 12's w/AR cones | Average headrest score out of the trunk...will update after world finals
Old 11-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3414
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

u can run that amp on i would guess 80 amps for a burp in meca

"Like all of hank's setups, he'll spend tons of time working on it, use it for 13 seconds, and then start all over again."- Tommy K

Old 11-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss306
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

thats gonna be a nasty set up bro!!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:01 PM
n00b looking to learn...

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1531

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr450racer690 View Post
u can run that amp on i would guess 80 amps for a burp in meca
80 per side I'm assuming? If so, that's exactly the type of stuff I'm looking to hear! I just got into SPL this year and did my first show back in August and with my (now my boy mack30's) SAZ3500 and 2 12's I was placed in Street 4. I knew I could do better than that so I'm looking for the least that can be run for doing burps...I don't do park and pounds or anything like that but I want some better numbers than a 143.2 next year lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack30 View Post
thats gonna be a nasty set up bro!!
Thanks man...you just got mentioned above lol! Don't let those numbers fool you...I have a lot of airspace in my truck so for 2 12's I was actually doing pretty decent. Guy with 6 15's and almost 10k of Rockford power only did a 146.1 so I felt pretty good lol! You're gonna love that amp...I know I did!

Old 11-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Brandon W.

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1648
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhg33k View Post
80 per side I'm assuming? If so, that's exactly the type of stuff I'm looking to hear! I just got into SPL this year and did my first show back in August and with my (now my boy mack30's) SAZ3500 and 2 12's I was placed in Street 4. I knew I could do better than that so I'm looking for the least that can be run for doing burps...I don't do park and pounds or anything like that but I want some better numbers than a 143.2 next year lol!

Thanks man...you just got mentioned above lol! Don't let those numbers fool you...I have a lot of airspace in my truck so for 2 12's I was actually doing pretty decent. Guy with 6 15's and almost 10k of Rockford power only did a 146.1 so I felt pretty good lol! You're gonna love that amp...I know I did!
I bet you can get a burp on 60A total fusing, you just got to find the right fuse and know how to burp your vehicle. I have personally burped an American bass 500.1 and got 3900 watts through it on a single 5A AGU.

Shocker Sigs FTW!!!
Team Bangin' on a Budget
Old 11-19-2011, 11:38 PM
n00b looking to learn...

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1531

Thanks for the info...exactly what I'm looking for. Since I'm still pretty new to this all I bet I could do 100A then on each side and still qualify for street 2 and have a little cushion. Any good recommendations on fuses? I've always used the ones from Knu when I order wire...

I have all winter to test and tweak as well so hopefully I'll be able to teach myself the "proper" burping technique if there is one lol...I've never burped before but know that's the route I want to go so any pointers or links on techniques are always appreciated!

Last edited by jhg33k; 11-19-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Brandon W.

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1648

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhg33k View Post
Thanks for the info...exactly what I'm looking for. Since I'm still pretty new to this all I bet I could do 100A then on each side and still qualify for street 2 and have a little cushion. Any good recommendations on fuses? I've always used the ones from Knu when I order wire...

I have all winter to test and tweak as well so hopefully I'll be able to teach myself the "proper" burping technique if there is one lol...I've never burped before but know that's the route I want to go so any pointers or links on techniques are always appreciated!
Street 2 - 2 18s = 508.68 square inches of cone. You would only be allowed 49 A of fuse.

Shocker Sigs FTW!!!
Team Bangin' on a Budget
Old 11-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Brandon W.

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1648

Tips on fuse, Make a HUGE fuse block, bigger the better. copper buss bars work really well. (ie 2 x 4 copper bar 12" long, need two) AGU fuses are usually better for lower fusing, Audiopipe 5A AGU is just as strong as most 30 and 40A AGUs. This should get you started.

Shocker Sigs FTW!!!
Team Bangin' on a Budget
Old 11-19-2011, 11:54 PM
n00b looking to learn...

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1531

Yeah, my math was a little off I guess...or knowledge lol! Street 3 it is then Good info on the buss bars too...I'll look into the AP fuses as well. Greatly appreciated fellas!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement