Car Audio Classifieds! banner

box tuning insane port length

534 views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryan1126 
#1 ·
I have a 1cube box im trying to tune to around 31 with a 4 inch diameter pvc but the port length comes out to like 40-45I inches is there a way ti fix that? And would the port area change the cubes on the box being as its so big?

#2 ·
Only way is to shrink port area down unless you want a giant port sticking half in and half out :p

What equipment are you using? Goals being a ported 1 cube enclosure tuned to 31Hz?
Unless this is a small driver, daily frequency response is going to suffer even with proper port length.

#3 ·
Tuning small airspace low requires long ports.

1cu ft @ 31hz = (1) 4" port 31 5/8" long

1cu ft @ 31hz = (2) 2" port 15 7/8" long

Or

1cu ft @ 31hz = (1) 12" X 1" port 28 1/4" long

(this is easy to do with a cubical box.. wrap the port on two sides of the box... the resulting box would be about 16.5" X 16.5" X 14")

#5 ·
My box is 16x16x18 with a 37" 4" PVC w flare and 28" of the port is external and it rapes the Lowes......with this much port area it has a very powerful "sweet spot"....but falls off if ur playing out off tunig alot......i even built a bigger mounting ring and put my vvx10 in it and works well with that..thats what I'm running now

#7 ·
I like it.....my buddy calls it the hammer ......lol its one of those where u listen first them show off cuz its ugly lol...its a box i was messing with and actually sounded good so i use it to test 8s and 10s....ill post a pic....

#12 ·
Believe it or not but no leaks and it sounds good......all i listen to is hiphop so the high peak is right where i like it......other music with higher bass notes sounds weak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.