Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Another ported vs sealed thread

399 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  IowaBass 
#1 ·
I currently have the two 15s in my sig in a 6.5 cu ft box ported at 32 hz in my jeep. I am getting a Volvo s80 here pretty soon am im going to have to put the system in there. Im not going to build in the trunk so im wondering if two 15s in a sealed box will be louder than two 12s ported on the same power. The 12s I would be buying would be flxx 12s.

#4 ·
Anybody want sum 15s? Lol. I was hoping I would have to switch out subs but oh well.

#6 ·
I would definitely go ported as long as you aren't 'cramming' them in there...if theyre crammed in there you might as well go with a smaller driver and get the same/better performace out of the same space (smaller driver with optimum enclosure) while saving a few bucks on the smaller version.

#7 ·
The trunk is huge but the opening is small. Pisses me off. I might try the ab tnt 12s. They look pretty legit.

#14 ·
I definitely don't like having a trunk setup. The only advantage I see is people not being able to see my stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.