TC SOUNDS TC- 3000 AXIS enclosure help - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Enclosures, Fabrication & Sound Deadening > Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help

Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help Have questions about enclosure design neeed some help thoughout your build, ask here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default TC SOUNDS TC- 3000 AXIS enclosure help

the enclosure will be for a single 12 inch subwoofer and will be going in a 2008 Ford Escape.
I prefer to build a ported enclosure but as of now I am unsure what frequency to tune it to. I would like to go for an sql setup. I will be using a planet audio tt 2250 d amplifier to power the subwoofer. I listen to rap/hip hop most of the time with some rock and country. I have a 10 inch subwoofer in a one cubic foot sealed box used for testing purposes. later today I'll use that setup to see what frequency the vehicle peaks at. when I get the results I will post them. parameters for the subwoofer can be found on the TC sounds website.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to bdgf2004 For This Useful Post:
legend654 (05-25-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 11:25 AM
CACO Savage

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2362
Feedback Score: 50 reviews

2-2.2 cf tuned to 33-35hz will give you a nice bandwidth if your looking for an SQ setup with that subwoofer.
I've had people tell me with great success on a 1.8cf tuned to 38hz enclosure on 2kwrms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Team SPLC
I Buy unique Subs, used or blown, motors also.
I buy XBL^2 subwoofers or motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82

Cool. how much lower do you usually tune your boxes than the resonant frequency of your vehicle. I believe I heard 5 hertz lower will give a smooth response

Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
CACO Savage

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgf2004 View Post
Cool. how much lower do you usually tune your boxes than the resonant frequency of your vehicle. I believe I heard 5 hertz lower will give a smooth response
Thought this was an SQ setup? If you want a perfect response throw it in a sealed box that subwoofer is not pregidous to any enclosure and its spacifacally made to go in any enclosure of the owners liking, they do great in 1cf sealed enclosures up to just under 2cf with the sealed enclosure you will loose output compared to a ported enclosure but in return have a flatter response and great group delay.
As for a ported box yeah you can do that but what if your resonance frequency is 44hz? Are you going to place the sub in a enclosure tuned to 39 and play super low notes at 25-30hz?

Team SPLC

Last edited by juancolchado; 05-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82

with me personally sound quality is not a huge deal but this one is for my girlfriend and I would imagine she would prefer sound quality over SPL. later today I'll use my 10 inch setup along with my term lab and see what the results are and post them. regardless I'm leaning towards a ported enclosure in the past I've had good results with them.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:09 PM
CACO Savage

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2362

Quote:
with me personally sound quality is not a huge deal but this one is for my girlfriend and I would imagine she would prefer sound quality over SPL. later today I'll use my 10 inch setup along with my term lab and see what the results are and post them. regardless I'm leaning towards a ported enclosure in the past I've had good results with them.
Personally I would like to hear my music, 2.2cf and tune it to 33hz after all displacements of course. She will be happy and in return you will be happy.

Team SPLC

The Following User Says Thank You to juancolchado For This Useful Post:
legend654 (05-25-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82

I was always under the impression that you should tune a box according to the resonant frequency of the cabin area of the vehicle.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
CACO Savage

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2362

Quote:
I was always under the impression that you should tune a box according to the resonant frequency of the cabin area of the vehicle.
in a spl/competition type setting yes your chasing every tenth of a score you can get your hands on so whatever makes it easier on your sub to reach that high score at your PEAK frequency, tune your enclosure and play around with deferent size enclosures to bring a minimal box rise so your sub sees as much power from the amp as possible.

on a sq setup its a little deferent especially when playing music of a certain genre.
a. your always going to have box raise so its beneficial to have an efficient box vs. an spl type box
b. because of ''a'' its better to have quality equipment vs getting the most powerful amp and the best spl type sub because it can take 30,000wrms but can it really handle that on music and sound good?
you already have a quality sub but you get my drift?
c. your putting to much though into the resonant frequency of your vehicle, there are plenty of spl gurus on this site that can help you out on that department but I'm trying to help you out on the sq one and don't worry about it build a solid enclosure for that sub tune it to 33hz and enjoy the music.
in an open vehicle like your girls you will have a nice f3 well into the low 20hz and enjoy notes on to 100hz

I love that sub, well built very linear and flexible on music.

Team SPLC

Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82

I really appreciate your help and you explaining these things to me. I will build a 2.2 cubic foot box @33 Hz. do you have any suggestions on the placement of the subwoofer example facing towards the front, back or top. if not I will use my 10 inch subwoofer and term lab and determine which one is louder. also what about the port? should it be to the back, front or side? with the dimensions of the enclosure I'm looking at now it will be easier to put the port to the side but it will be no problem if the port needs to be on the same side of the box as the subwoofer I will just have to make an L shaped port
Old 05-20-2013, 04:10 PM
CACO Savage

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2362

Quote:
I really appreciate your help and you explaining these things to me. I will build a 2.2 cubic foot box @33 Hz. do you have any suggestions on the placement of the subwoofer example facing toward the front, back or top. if not I will use my 10 inch subwoofer and term lab and determine which one is louder. also what about the port? should it be to the back, front or side? with the dimensions of the enclosure I'm looking at now it will be easier to put the port to the side but it will be no problem if the port needs to be on the same side of the box as the subwoofer I will just have to make an L shaped port
if you can have the sub firing up wards and port firing back.
but experiment you might learn some cool things about placing the sub in certain places.

if this makes it easier on you try making one of these ports, they help out if you have loading issues in your designs.

Team SPLC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement