Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Who is the best at designing 6th order design.

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  SPLEclipse 
#1 ·
I need a design similar to tom tucker ( link below ) for two of the new sundown niteshade 18s. I need this thang to destroy, I have 10k for power, I want to play from 20-60hz with authority.

2 15" Fi BTL 6th Order Bandpass Insane! - YouTube

#13 ·
I heard what he said and I no what Jacob has told me. The only Option that will work in a 4th from ( Jacobs mouth) is stock with a zv4 spider or possibly stock it self. But the nsv3 spider is pretty stiff for a 4th. And if you gone put a zv4 spider on you mitest well stick with a actual zv4 woofer . So now I want a 6th order now to really utilize the options on the nsv3. Problem with a 4th is you will never reach full excursion of the sub like a ported wall or 6th.

#14 ·
Ya I'm no fan of the nsv3 spiders. Way too stiff for my liking. I have built a few 15's with these and you just need alot more power to get same performance. Matter of fact I have one in the basement I built for wife's car that I took out after one day because I hated it. But I agree with your power on those stock built subs they would do well in a 6th. My whole point is why take a cutting edge woofer that can be customized to pretty much any style enclosure to perform well and rebuild. But if it's just to try something new I'm onboard.

#16 ·
u took the 15 out after one day. u shoulda gave it time to break in alittle. prly woulda sounded better once it got loosened up alittle.

#21 ·
Yes, you can reach full excursion but you are basically asking to kill the sub to do so. It requires overpowering a sub in most cases to compress and rarify the sealed enclosure airspace enough to allow for full exclusion. It is much easier to accomplish in a large sealed enclosure with a resonance lower than the sound of gods balls crushing the sky...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.