Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Aero port location?

295 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kriptikracing 
#1 ·
What type of difference, if any, would I see with moving an aero port facing up? Right now I have it facing down. yeah I know what you're thinking how can the port be facing down? I had a box made to where my passengers can use it as an arm rest and so my son doesn't throw things down the port. There's about an 8in gap between the floor and port. Even the sub is facing down. It sounds great the way it is now, but if it could get louder with the port up then I would consider doing that since my son is old enough now to understand what I'm saying. If you're wondering, the box is like that because it's located on the 40 split side of the backseat in my truck.

#2 ·
i have no experience with this but i'd say that you'll be loudest with the port loading off something so if its 8" from floor and sounds good i'd leave it and get a beefier sub/amp for that set up if you want louder.. if you just wanna play around i'd say flip the whole box facing up and see how it sounds if thats possible in your setup, you know maybe even moving port a lil closer to floor like 6" and sound deadening that area of the floor if its not already.. sorry just thinking out loud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.