Car Audio Classifieds! banner

center console amp rack designs/ideas?

736 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RE_Gawker 
#1 ·
ok so now that I have done my blow-through i'm looking for a way to hide my amps/battery(will have 3 amps and one battery in the cab, and the other 4 batteries will be in the bed). I was going to put them in the bed of the truck but that means I would have to re-wire all my highs and my subs and that would just be no fun.
anyways, im looking to put all three amps in there and possibly the battery.
amps will be 1 x RD D9, 1 x sundown 100.2 1 x mtx ta 5604(possibly a sundown 100.4 if I get it working)

If anybody is bored and wants to draw me something up(im not very good at visualizing things, lol) or if anybody ahs any input or ideas of things to do with it.
Dimmensions.
length 30-34 inches
heighth 16-17 inches
width 11 inches
the front will need to slant away from the dash as it comes up im not really sure how much but I would guess around 45 degrees or so, I'll have to find a protractor here shortly and get the angle.

#3 ·
gah! alright...i'll break out the cam and takes some pics of my bocks and a quick vid. brb...
EDIT: oh yeah, no highs or mids though, lol. waiting to build the amp rack before i put those amps in because I has no room.

#5 ·
dimensions for the equipment

battery:
L 14"
W 7"
H 9.5"

sundown 100.2
L 15" plus room for connections
W 10"
H 2"

MTX 5604(not sure im i'll be using this or the sundown 100.4)
L 16"
W 10" plus room for connections
H 2"

sundown 100.4:
L 18" plus room for conections
W 10"
H 2"

RD D9(don't have the amp to measure but
...)
i went an measured mine.

RD AUDIO D9 AMP DIMENSIONS
25 5/16 long (plus room for connections)
9 1/2 wide
2 5/16 thick

I might be able to do 12" width for the center console if needed...I'm almost thinking having the amps on the sides with the battery sitting on the bottom?

lmk if I need any more dimensions for anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.