I'm looking for opinions, recommendation and advice on what would be the best box for me in my truck using 1 18" RD HW GP dual 2 ohm. It will be powered by a RD 3250 amp running at 1ohm.
First let me say its an 05 Ram Quad cab, and has a splitting 60/40 rear seat. I am removing the entire 60% seat, while leaving the 40% side for a passenger.
My max space available is 38" wide x 22" deep x 22" tall (could go taller if needed but prefer 22" as it allows for the seat to recline well.
Based on what I found, these subs tend to like 5-5.75 cu. ft. and tuned anywhere from 30~ish on up. A post I read Steve said he personally liked around 5.25 cubes at 31hz. I've been toying around with sketchup and th RE visual box calculator and The two sketchs I have I think will be fairly close to that. Both my sketch box's are a little big and just a hair lower than my desired fs, but they are not including sub displacement. I am hoping that the displacement will them a hair closer to my desired freqency.
My questions are this....
1. Does it look the port sizing is correct and adequate? I don't really understand fully how to figure out sq. inches or port and this is the best I could do.
2. Should the subs displacement which is not taken into account for on the sketch's raise the fs and reduce the internal cu. ft of the box enough?
3. And this is a big question for me. What would be the best placement of the sub and port? My two sketch's show 1 sub up/ port up with the sub in the center of truck, and the other shows port up/ sub facing forward center of the truck. Both show the port facing up on the pass. side of the box.
Let me state that I'm not going for an extreme spl setup, more of a "shake shit loose/ flex shit" setup, while still sounding somewhat decent with higher 60~ish hz.
If that info helps, which box is a better setup? Maybe they are both crap and you have a better idea? Like I said all advice is appreciated.
Thanks for reading and thanks for the help!