Ok guys planning my new box need a bit of help with a few things - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Enclosures, Fabrication & Sound Deadening > Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help

Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help Have questions about enclosure design neeed some help thoughout your build, ask here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:58 PM
*SPEED RACER*

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1319
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Default Ok guys planning my new box need a bit of help with a few things

Well I am in the midst of doing another system. The max dimensions for the box is 33 wide14" high and 24" deep. Going in a 97 acura cl. Now I always use the re calc (i know not the greatest but **** if the others dont confuse the hell outta me). So this is gonna be sub up port back, 4 cubes with tuning around 36.8 (before sub ) 5.5" port and yea gonna double baffle it(also bracing with all thread). Max height is 18.5-19 but figured leave a few inches for excursion. I'm leaning towards all sundown gear saz3000d and a 18 or 15 nightshade. I know 4 cubes isint much for a 18 but I've been wantin one bad, still decidin may go with a 15 never know. I've done 2 12's and a single 15 and I just want more. 15 was a dd 9515 with dirty power, and the 12's we're dc 3's with dirty power. Maybe a single 15 with clean 3k would be it?

Sorry for all the info but gives you a idea what im workin with. So my ?'s are it gives me 26.75 port length and 68.75 inches of port is this about right with length
''(i know 16" per cube is desired so im good there). Also where it says square port length it usually has 8 as standard but does it make much a diff if you dont have it at all?

Last edited by on1wheel01; 10-26-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss142
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

i would get a beast of a 15. That is no where near enough air for a 18.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:19 PM
CACO Supporter

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss555
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

theres plenty of room for the right 18"... i ran 2 re mt 18s chsmbered with 3.8 cubes per tuned @36hz with 3 4"aeros per and 3k per in my suburban behind the 3rd row seat and burped out 151db all day and it played real musical... as long as you got the power and the sub has the bl youll be good...also did 1 18" mt in my boys 300z hatch 4.4 before disp. dont remember the net... doin a 149.5 street beat to mariah careys breakdown... with 1800w alaso used 4" aeros... ive got other instances but i dont think i should carry on.... just say f it n go big!

edit: get the equpiment... squeeze as much box as you can, then worry about tuning...

Last edited by biscuit; 10-25-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:34 PM
*SPEED RACER*

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1319

lol yea i really want to work with a 18 as I never have. I figured a nightshade 18 would get nasty with a 3000d. The box i have figured up is slot port only worked with aeros once(not good with them).
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Car audio classifieds, stereo sales, subwoofer amps mids classified caraudio, BANNED!!

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10192
Feedback Score: 93 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit View Post

edit: get the equpiment... squeeze as much box as you can, then worry about tuning...
I've never heard such stupidity.

A smaller sub in the correct enclosure will not only get louder but it will sound better than a larger sub in too small of an enclosure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/ CAAA Member #2 /
/
Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
CACO Supporter

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9929
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

From what I've seen, Nightshades like smaller boxes, so you could probably get an 18 in there... Just a thought, but it'd be sick to see an 18 in the trunk of a CL...

Maybe 2 very beefy 12s would work on a 3k at .5? Just another thought...

Team Concepts
Team Shok
Ohio Bass Society
Team XS Power
2010 120-129.9 Bassrace World Champion
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
*SPEED RACER*

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1319

Yea well so far im leanin to 2 c&d tech batts (why cuz they seem good and are cheap 70 each picked up) I have a ho alt. Maybe the sundown 3k and ns. Damnit i cant decide the 18 or 15 guess a few days of pondering will help as i dont get my moneys till wed when I sell my bike. I just want to get nasty nasty loud. Hey Matt im also thinkin bout taking the metal brace off the seat but does that affect anything as I want to keep my seat there (for the car seat lol) and it helps get way louder right? So guys the main ? the L wall how bout it is it ok to just have it at 0. And man I'm have more views and responses here than at ca.com
Old 10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
CACO Supporter

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9929
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

I wouldn't go with the C&D's. There's a couple of people that've had some problems running them with larger audio systems. Just a heads up. There've been a couple threads in the general discussion about batts lately, so maybe check on those...

As for that metal brace, I haven't noticed any differences in handling or anything like that. As for getting louder, I'm not 100% positive, but I would assume that it has significantly helped. It doesn't effect anything with the backseat, unless your box sits as far forward as mine does, and then you'll have to cut 2 little round pieces of steel that slide down into the rear deck to hold the rear seat in place. There are 2 more like supports on the sides of the seat, and 2 bolts in the bottom middle that hold it in, so I would assume there's no problems holding the seat rearward...

Team Concepts
Team Shok
Ohio Bass Society
Team XS Power
2010 120-129.9 Bassrace World Champion
Old 10-25-2009, 10:03 PM
*SPEED RACER*

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1319

Really probs with them. I only read good things. And I figured for 140 or less for two of them if they lasted a year or so I'd be happy. Also thought of spv70's . I'm not wantin to break the bank with this build as the amp alone is gonna run 550ish, tryin to stay below 1k. Well I may leave the support in them as maybe it would help in case of a crash god forbid.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 PM
*SPEED RACER*

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1319

And another thing im looking at doing sub up port back I've done both back before and want to try something diff, maybe it would give me the output im looking for. Oh and im gonna stick with 1 ohm not lower lol. So lets say I go with a 15" ns would it handle 3k daily? Or should I maybe go with a sundown saz2000d? With the 5.5" port it should slam but man i'd love to have a wider port,but the tuning goes into the 40's and then Ialso loose cubes. Sorry for all the ?'s im just havin a hard time decidin

Last edited by on1wheel01; 10-25-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement