NSv3 15 help - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Enclosures, Fabrication & Sound Deadening > Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help

Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help Have questions about enclosure design neeed some help thoughout your build, ask here.


Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2016, 12:30 PM
New CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default NSv3 15 help

Single sub back of a 06 Jetta need box designs. I am struggling and overwhelmed! SPL based low end is what I am shooting for I have about 33x33x14.5. If I have to do cutting I will to squeeze that massive cutout diameter for it. Sealed, slot ported, aero ported, cubes, I am lost with this box lol. BC3500 @ 1-ohm. Help me out guys. suggest people too I will pay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-13-2016, 01:31 PM
dugjt88's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss689
Location: michigan
Age: 35
Thanks: 68
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwdzxc View Post
Single sub back of a 06 Jetta need box designs. I am struggling and overwhelmed! SPL based low end is what I am shooting for I have about 33x33x14.5. If I have to do cutting I will to squeeze that massive cutout diameter for it. Sealed, slot ported, aero ported, cubes, I am lost with this box lol. BC3500 @ 1-ohm. Help me out guys. suggest people too I will pay!
The trunk opening is going to be the bottleneck. I have a mkv wolfsburg and know all about that pita trunk opening you're gonna need most of that trunk space for the box (i was able to fit about 5-5.5cuft gross without building inside of the trunk). I'd suggest designing ported with sub and port forward and seal it from the trunk. You will also need to seal up those gaping holes under the rear parcel shelf (Will want those done either way trust me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-13-2016, 06:53 PM
davidrforbus's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6030
Location: Villa rica, GA
Age: 27
Thanks: 177
Thanked 142 Times in 101 Posts
iTrader: (59)
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Default

You really don't have the room for that 15. Subs overall diameter is 15.5 so sub up is all you can fit with a normal box. And really not even that since the mounting depth is like 13" on those subs. You could make it work sub forward but you'd have to do some work on the baffle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 AM
New CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugjt88 View Post
The trunk opening is going to be the bottleneck. I have a mkv wolfsburg and know all about that pita trunk opening you're gonna need most of that trunk space for the box (i was able to fit about 5-5.5cuft gross without building inside of the trunk). I'd suggest designing ported with sub and port forward and seal it from the trunk. You will also need to seal up those gaping holes under the rear parcel shelf (Will want those done either way trust me).
That's about the same size as my old box was and luckily it slid in the trunk it was easy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-15-2016, 12:17 PM
dugjt88's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss689
Location: michigan
Age: 35
Thanks: 68
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwdzxc View Post
That's about the same size as my old box was and luckily it slid in the trunk it was easy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah mine had no problem going in or out. But i think much bigger is going to be no bueno. You can definitely fit a 15 (actual 2 will fit) in there building the box inside the trunk, and angling the baffle, but like mentioned earlier the mounting depth on that thing is pretty big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-15-2016, 12:35 PM
New CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrforbus View Post
You really don't have the room for that 15. Subs overall diameter is 15.5 so sub up is all you can fit with a normal box. And really not even that since the mounting depth is like 13" on those subs. You could make it work sub forward but you'd have to do some work on the baffle.
What kind of work exactly lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 PM
New CACO Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugjt88 View Post
Yeah mine had no problem going in or out. But i think much bigger is going to be no bueno. You can definitely fit a 15 (actual 2 will fit) in there building the box inside the trunk, and angling the baffle, but like mentioned earlier the mounting depth on that thing is pretty big.
Big baffle recessed from the cabin and mount that big boy in. Sealed off and possibly cutting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio Classifieds! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Level of Car Audio Knowledge
What's your level of car audio?

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NSv3 15 help Bwdzxc (Sundown Audio) 2 06-13-2016 01:03 PM
4 nsv3 18s massivespl Car Audio Videos 4 03-06-2016 10:01 PM
nsv3 12" TheLow Wanting to Buy (WTB) 0 08-12-2015 05:50 PM
Nsv3 availability chevy454 (Sundown Audio) 7 03-26-2015 09:22 PM
nsv3 Bassballer150 (Sundown Audio) 13 04-18-2013 04:49 PM

» Amps
A/d/s/
Advent
Alphasonik
Alpine
American Bass
ARC Audio
Atomic
Audio Art
Audio Gods
Audiobahn
Audiocontrol
Audiopipe
Audison
Aura
Autotek
Avionixx
Bazooka
Beyma
Blaupunkt
Boss
Boston Acoustics
Bravox
Cadence
Cascade (CAE)
CDT Audio
Cerwin Vega
Clarion
Clif Designs
Concept
Coustic
Critical Mass
Crossfire
Crunch
DB Drive
DC Audio
DC Power
DEI
Denon
Diabolo
Diamond
Digital Designs
Directed
DLS
Dual
DYnamat
Dynaudio
Earthquake
Eclipse
Elemental Designs
ESX
Eton
Farenheit
Fi Car Audio
Fix My Speaker
Focal
Fusion
Genesis
Ground Zero
Hafler
Helix
Hertz
Hifonics
Hushmat
Image Dynamics
Infinity
Interfire
JBL
Jensen
JL Audio
JVC
Kenwood
Kicker
Knu Konceptz
Kole Audio
Kove Audio
Lanzar
Lightning Audio
Linear Power
MA Audio
Magnat
Marantz
Massive Audio
MB Quart
McIntosh
Memphis
Metra
MMATS
Mobile Authority
Morel
MTX
Nakamichi
Niche Audio
O2 Audio
Ohio Generator
Optima
Orion
Oxygen Audio
OZ Audio
PG Audio
Phase Linear
Phoenix Gold
Pioneer
Polk
Power Acoustik
Powerbass
Powermaster
Precision Power
Profile
Pyle
Pyramid
RadioShack
Rainbow
Rampage
RE AUdio
Rockford Fosgate
Scanspeak
Scosche
Seas
Sony
soundstream
Sparkomatic
SPL Dynamics
Stinger
Sundown Audio
Swiss Audio
Targa
TC Sounds
TREO Engineering
TRU
Tsunami
Ultimate
US Acoustics
US Amps
Velodyne
Vifa
Viper
Visonik
Xtant
Zapco
Zed Audio
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Links
Amp Guts
amplifier, amp guts, ampguts, car audio classifieds, speakers and subs for sale with listings of 12 volt sound systems. Security systems for sale for aftermarket car audio equipment with amplifier and amps for sale
Car Audio Forum
car audio forum, moble audio, car stereo, wholesale car audio, 12 volt, with, amplifier, amp, subwoofer, sound quality, buy car audio, and sell automotive stereo systems for cars
Car Audio Sound Quality Forum
Sound QUality science based car audio forum, amplifier, subs and speaker design, fabrication help, sound systems forum, aftermarket car audio website for sound quality.
Car Stereo Forum
DIYMA car audio stereo forum for 12 volt car audio subwoofer and amplifier systems that have sound quality with wholesale car audio products.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.