box ideas - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Enclosures, Fabrication & Sound Deadening > Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help

Enclosure Discussion & Design Construction Help Have questions about enclosure design neeed some help thoughout your build, ask here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 12:37 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default box ideas

hey guys im doing a build,i bought a 05 chevy blazer 2 door 2 wheel drive
the first thing i did was gut it out then i put 84 lbs of deadener tons on roof with wood and foam and the sides and doors,ive built tons of boxes but,ive never owned a suv type ride,
i called sundown and they said subs up port to the rear but i didnt get to ask if this would move alot of air or what,im using two sundown X12's big boys,i can build it but i was just wondering what to expect if any of you have had or heard systems in like blazers or something like this.

i could build a box with subs up and a aero port to save weight firing to the rear will i feel the lows and maybe some air
ive never built a bandpass where the subs are inside the box and all you see is a round port,if this would be better cool,just as long as it will fit behind the back seats,im leaving them in,theres alot of room back there

i will be pushing them with a dc audio 3.5k
so would just a regular box tuned to 32 hz. subs up port to rear work for what i want or should i do something else,i love these new crazy designs their coming out with now days but anyways yea no big deal just a fun thread,just trying to have fun with this project,thats why i bought it for bass
even though bryan said 32 hz what if i went to like 29- 30 hz in the suv ? would that be better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2019, 12:53 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

i was maybe thinking of just doing something different dont you get tired of building the same ole ported enclosures and spend a ton of time on them and make them look nice and at the end of the day its still just a ported box,the one i have in my car is painted with bed liner then did the splash paint with red it turned out awesome looking the wind was blowing that day and it helped me when i was slinging it on the box,i might have gotten carried away and put too much but it looks cool.

if i dont hear anything on here i guess i will do the same thing.flared aero port to the rear tuned to 30-32 hz splash paint effect not as much this time.ported box again lol
unless i get designs for a bandpass
Old 07-19-2019, 12:05 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

4th order ? 6th order ? haha never had one of those

Old 07-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Brand New Members

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It really depends on the parameters of the speaker for it to work well in fourth order and sixth order boxes. Bandpass boxes have been around since the '80s. My recommendation is to scour the web and find out as much as you can about the 'other' designs. Download a speaker box modeling software, enter the parameters and look for yourself. Hope it helps
Old 07-20-2019, 12:44 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

thanks i wish i could im on a mac,and can you believe there are no box calculators at all,there was one thing where i had to download something on my mac so that i could use pc software but it was weird,so i deleted it,i cant believe that most people still use pc's now days,i thought everyone switched but nope.

band passes have actually been around alot longer then the 80s some dude invented it back in the 40's or something,but yea i had a custom built bandpass made for me in 1996 and i loved it,it hit on all music and then when i put a bass cd in it came alive.
it was made for JL audio Wo's i think i dont even think they had W3's they were just jl subs back then with small dust caps.

well damn hold on i had one before that actually it was a pre fab for two the punch subs 10 inch back before this,yea im old school,only 10's i ever had.i think it says on sundowns web site that the X12's are made for small enclosures and bandpasses thanks for the reply,sucks to see the forum is so dead.i like to talk as you can tell.

guess i will build a ported box and use my 6 inch aero port aimed to the rear and see,it would be cool to build a giant wedge so the port would be at a angle towards the glass,i use the box calculator online RE audio and rockford fosgate has them and ive always came out with great results.later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement