Car Audio Classifieds! banner

This may sound wierd? but maybe some know what i mean

487 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  nismos14 
#1 ·
This might sounds really stupid guys. But lmk if im wrong. Ok before i just had my box which was 5.4cubes tuned 38hz with two 6" external aero's if u lightly taped sub with finger you would just hear your finger.. Now when i went and pulled out the sub did all the small extra's 45s , resin , dual threaded rods , double baffle made sure was sealed up nice. Do the same thing actually sounds like a amp is pushing the thing u can hear the bass as if a amp were actually pushing the sub. Is is actually because i really strengthened the box. Oh yeah also did the old ductape trick around sub & siliconed bottom of gasket just incase i know i went probably overkill but rather go overkill then risk it on meter.

#3 ·
sweet man that was what i thought i didn't think i was goin crazy hearing things lol.

#5 ·
Oh ok man sweet:D. Mean's my hard work payed off thx for explaining that to me wenn. Im really happy all my work payed off can't wait to get it on the amp that's coming in.

#6 ·
I dunno about all that.

His box is ported anyways, pressure isn't gonna increase or decrease. It will just blow through the port. Of course the sub may sound different or have different attributes with all the work that was added on, but a tap on it only may show a different result because of less resonance.

Only way to tell what the real difference is by hearing it and metering it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.