Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Port placement opinions... 3 8's in an f150

607 views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  calikid3820 
#1 ·
Gonna be doing 3 8's under the rear seat of my 4 door 2011 f150. Subs will be firing foward, will probably use 2 3" aeros. should I put subs in center of box with aport on each side? or put subs on one side and ports on other? Just looking for opinions, or anyone with similar setups. Thanks.

#5 ·
Thats not what im saying at all..... I just dont see how its worth it... Your gonna have to raise the seat at least 4-5". Not to mention for the 8" in the middle... Thats whee the. Hump is in the cab so the wholeeee seat has to get raised another 2" all im saying is its gonna make anyone sitting back there miserable!!

#6 ·
It would likely help with possibly loading issues if you put the subs in the center.

But I prefer the sub on the drivers side of the car, and the port on the passengers if possible.

#17 ·
Sorry guys, haven't checked this in a few days. There is plenty of height to fire the 8s forward. Not sure what model f150 you are referring to that I would need to raise the seats? I have a little over 9 inches at the front of the seat. There is no hump in the 2011. My first thought was to do the 3 subs towards the drivers side with a single 4"aero onpassenger side of box firing at the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.