flowmasters on 96-99 tahoe/yukon/ - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > The OT™ > General Automotive Chat

General Automotive Chat Discuss the latest auto news, ehancements that you would like to make to your vehicle or if something is broken, need advice on geting it fixed or anything about automobiles in general.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 07:02 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss378
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default flowmasters on 96-99 tahoe/yukon/

well tomorrow I might buy a pair of brand new Flowmaster for $50 bucks, not sure the exact model till I get the model numbers tomorrow, Any way I have looked on youtube and most of the videos sound like crap and don't sound to much different than my truck does now with glasspacks,

What is the real difference between the super series and the delta flow series, on the 40's or 44's, and does anybody have any good video clips of their 96-99 Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, or Silverado with a stock or mostly stock 5.7 Vortec motor with dual flowmaster super 40 or 44 series mufflers or delta flow 40 or 44 series muffles, Only people with dual mufflers please no dual in dual out mufflers, and do any of you run a h or x pipe on your vortecs with duals, thanks for any and all input
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 08:03 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22
Default flowmater mufflers

I got super 44s on my 04 overland. It is like the third aggressive sound that flowmaster offers. super 40 is a little more aggressive and the super 10 is the loudest ( racecar series).... no videos but dual super 40 or 44s sound badass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 03:43 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss378

ya im probly still going to get them cus there cheap and brand new but there 3 inch and my stock pipes are I think 2.5 inch but I can get reducers. But I spent a few hours looking at videos and all the flowmasters sound high pitched and raspy, tinney sounding like my glasspacks, at least without an h or x pipe cant find to many tahoes with h pipes on youtube,

but I did notice that the single dual in dual out mufflers sound way deeper with a nice rumble and still get loud when you get on it, but don't have that high pitched tinney sound, but I figure the flowmasters got to be better than the mismatched length glasspacks the previous owner put on it

Ill try to get an h pipe installed, currently its just straight true duals from cats back with no h pipe, the videos I did see with h pipes did tone the high pitch rasp down some

and the only dual in dual out muffler that's in the same price range I can get the flowmasters from craigslist for is a dual in dual out thrush like the flowmaster but I could only find 1 or 2 trucks with them and the quality of video was bad or it was just a crappy sounding muffler, but the super 40 and 44 dual in dual outs sound deeper to me and a little quieter, then dual super 40s or 44s hopefully the h pipe will give me that deep sound with the flows instead of the tinney raspy sound at high rpms. sorry for the long post

Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss822
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

to make it short i have mangnaflow muffler on my 01 tahoe. its has a deeper rumble tone to it. ordered from online advanced auto with a coupon code. paid $60 with $40 off. i would call Flowmaster/magnaglow about the differences in tones they offer.
levi iii
2 12's dds tridents
4 cf 8's & vifas xt25's
Old 01-10-2015, 01:58 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss378

well this is going on the back burner because the guy off craigslist said that he could only find 1 of the flowmasters, and said he had a pair of used knock off flowmasters for $50 but I can find them for about that price new maybe a little more, but I was looking at the dual in dual out magnaflow mufflers they have a deep rumble like the flowmaster dual in dual outs, seems like the dual ins dual outs have a lower deeper rumble rather than a high pitched rasp from two separate mufflers, or maybe that just because most people on youtube don't have any kind of crossover pipes installed, but im either going with a dual in dual out, or 2 singles and a h pipe, or just get some longer glasspacks than what I have, just depends on funds at the time
Old 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2961
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

sounds like you want one of these for $150
Product Details
Old 01-11-2015, 01:04 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss378

no not that series the dual in dual out flowmaster 44 sounded pretty deep and non tinney and still mean sounding. just seems like all the dual in dual out mufflers have a deeper sound but maybe its just that both sides of the exhaust are mixing and slightly quieter, but I have to get some other things fixed first I need o2 sensors for sure and get my plugs put in, I was just going to get the flowmasters cuz they were cheap.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:09 AM
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12531
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Got some on mine...twin pipes sounds rumbly.
Wolfram amps 3000.1, 125.4 coming soon
2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
Interstate battery/Royal Excelene/KnuKoncepts Kolossus wiring
Old 01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss378

ya I got dual glass packs now but 1 is shorter than the other, (from previous owner) was just really trying to hear some good sound clips but ive looked at a few, surprisingly it isn't to much drone on the highway and its not really too loud, I might just go the ol cheapo route and just get longer glasspacks like 24-31 inch ones for now cus they are super cheap like $15-25 a piece or some cheap thrush welded mufflers until I have more money to spend on exhaust
Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 PM
The One U Love 2 Hate

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2943
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1987 View Post
well tomorrow I might buy a pair of brand new Flowmaster for $50 bucks, not sure the exact model till I get the model numbers tomorrow, Any way I have looked on youtube and most of the videos sound like crap and don't sound to much different than my truck does now with glasspacks,

What is the real difference between the super series and the delta flow series, on the 40's or 44's, and does anybody have any good video clips of their 96-99 Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, or Silverado with a stock or mostly stock 5.7 Vortec motor with dual flowmaster super 40 or 44 series mufflers or delta flow 40 or 44 series muffles, Only people with dual mufflers please no dual in dual out mufflers, and do any of you run a h or x pipe on your vortecs with duals, thanks for any and all input
I dont waste my money on Flowmasters unless doing full exhaust front to back with bigger cats.

The glasspacks will be louder and deeper than the Flowmasters with less resonance inside the vehicle untill you stomp on it, then the Flowmasters will be a little louder but not much.

I actually prefer the Thrush welded over the Flowmasters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement