old car thread. - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > The OT™ > General Automotive Chat

General Automotive Chat Discuss the latest auto news, ehancements that you would like to make to your vehicle or if something is broken, need advice on geting it fixed or anything about automobiles in general.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 12:20 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1411
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Default old car thread.

post whatever
pix of what you like in old cars / your old car / old photo of your favorite pos old car you used to have and loved even tho it was a pos
or whatever.
engine talk
practicality of driving race prepped old car on public streets
joys and woes of keeping an old car
go

ill start.
this was my baby. i mean my pos - that i loved with all my heart
realley wish i would of kept it but it got beyond my means to fix at the time

the pix realley dont tell the whole story with its rust issues it had. basicly the entire window front channel had rusted away and the front winshield had no structure holding it up anymore exept the black goo - you could push it in and out and watch it move. the rear pillars and rear deck had rust holes your hand could fit thru - a 18/25 year old kid can only spackel on bondo over rust holes so many times before they are just too darn big for duct tape to hold on the back side ya kno...
no
i had no idea what i had back then and i regret selling that car every day since. ill probably never get another one - and if i do it wont be the one i daily drove everywhere from age 18 to 25, but when i first had it - and the rust wasnt terrible i did manage to paint it nice and it was sweet for a year or 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1411

part of the reason i thought it was ok to let go of my pontiac was the introduction of the corvette in the "brian84corvette" my first taste of a super car or what i thought was going to be a super car that actually turned out to be the one single most pos corvette gm ever made in the history of corvettes. so bad in fact they did not make a 1983 corvette because there were so many issues they decided to skip a year to keep working them all out. the dreaded cross fire injection 350

and this is how it looked at least twice a week

imagine what computers looked like in 1984 - pretty crappy green screen with blinking cursor wating for next keyed imput - not even a mouse was around back then in dinosuar computer tecnology time. yep - well the entire car was controlled by this gosh awfull craptraption and every feature started to mal function periodicly to the point of me learning every single part of that car because i had to fix or rig it to work

so as if the car had a tough enough time just working properly i put a 18 in the hatch and it was BRUTAL

first loud car i ever built / sat in / tapped out of
it was just a lucky shot realley ive heard people have hard time with the box or whatever but the first box i built the re sx 18 was magic bass sex right from the start. yay
bass then proceded to crack all the fiberglass in the car and ruin what was left of it anyways.
terrible car.

Last edited by brian84corvette; 06-28-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:47 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1411

i kno it doesnt count as a car - but i had this also the first and only motorcycle i ever owned / and rode concidently a 1978 motored harley davidson xlch done up old school chopper style to the max / bike was verry similar to indian larry type bikes wich is what drew it to me.

man that thing was a pain in the azz seriously. no rear suspension
crappy front suspension / no front breaks / rear drum that sucked
and kick start only no battery / magneto.

i remember pulling it out of the garage to go ride - and kicked it 150 times it would just not start that day. i pushed it back in the garage and drove a car that day.
lol

so since im an old car retard - and the corvette was about clapped out / ruined by this time - a buddy of mine had a friend with this car. i tried to not buy this car 3 times. but somehow it was ment to be mine and i ended up owning it all 4 doors and slant 6

sweet another pos to drive around and touch with tools every few days.
at least it had all the parts i needed just needed fixing them all and replacing the batterys ( you have to charge your batterys every 4 days or they die )

5x100mm bolt pattern is retarded what was mopar thinking back then - 14" craigslist green spoke knock offs went on to try and make it cooler but they rubbed when lowered so i ended up with 13s

even with rims i felt this car to me didnt look like a lowrider so me and my bro drew in picture painted it
in a 1 car rental garage at my apartment complex. lol that in it self made it a task

un known to me at the time - im fairly good at taping off air brushing patterns in geometricly acurate and matching them to each side

my brother drew was the air brushing talent on this

all flake - literly flake mixed with clear over the black paint the car was. when the sun hit it boom

Last edited by brian84corvette; 06-28-2015 at 01:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brian84corvette For This Useful Post:
ThatChevyGuy (06-28-2015)

Old 06-28-2015, 01:03 AM
Tinder Douchebag

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7095
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

I had a 89 GMC s15

Love square body.

Not the exact truck as digital cameras and smart phones were still expensive and new technology when I had the truck, but it looked like this, a bit raised more since it was 4 wheel drive and it had fender flares.

Digital dash, power everything, leather bucket seats.

team graham

offerup elite expert team 2016
Old 06-28-2015, 01:27 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1411

this is what a dirty engine looks like. aparently the slant 6 previous owners thought oil changes were optional... this is years and years of abuse to get to this level - if you do find that your engine looks like this - JUST LEAVE IT ALONE. do regular oil changes but do not attempt to scrape off or clean any of the crud. it will fall in the engine and ruin it i promise you.

this is what a burnt up hydraulic pump motor looks like - fluid will leak past the seals and enter the electric motor running at 48 volts and fry it. FUN !

this is what your spark plugs look like when your piston rings go bad

and you can tell its the rings when your oil fill starts puffing out smoke like a choo choo train

Last edited by brian84corvette; 06-28-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:47 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1411

yesterday and todays project was to scrape off all the mud dirt and exessive grease from all the front suspension in prep for paint and new bushing install from a full energy suspension kit for my car.

i only snapped a pic of the last session of chiseling off the crap but man this car had it caked on. mud clobs mixed with grease overflow from all the fittings everywere. piles and piles of the gunk. i guess its previous owners were grease gun happy. not a bad thing but it shure made a mess on a 41 year old car

this is half of what came from one lower control arm.

41 year old bushings are ready for the trash.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33855
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

I like resotmods, can't stand old motors and cars with no AC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1411

digin in my photos from way back i found this gem from around 2001
20"s were big back then i guess lol i was about 19 and must of thought it was cool

your carburated engine anything / car truck quad lawn mower / will run great with this gas

you can usualy find it near your local boat marina as ethonal mixed gas is terrible for boats.

Last edited by brian84corvette; 06-28-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:32 PM
drug mule for speakers

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2079
Feedback Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian84corvette View Post

[/URL]
I Want So Bad...
Funny how a girl stops talking to you when you say you would rather be homeless and give her nothing than have a kid...women...
Old 06-28-2015, 03:36 PM
drug mule for speakers

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2079
Feedback Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
I had a 89 GMC s15

Love square body.

Not the exact truck as digital cameras and smart phones were still expensive and new technology when I had the truck, but it looked like this, a bit raised more since it was 4 wheel drive and it had fender flares.

Digital dash, power everything, leather bucket seats.

I love the older S10 and S10 Blazers.
The newer rounded ones are hideous IMO.
Funny how a girl stops talking to you when you say you would rather be homeless and give her nothing than have a kid...women...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement